Delivery times/extra charges for South Africa?

For any South African Huelers out there…

can anyone share the typical delivery time they see? As in – if you place an order from the UK for processing on a Monday, do you usually receive the package that week? Or early the next week? Or later?

And, do you have extra fees to pay for the delivery? Import / customs / anything else, because you are importing food worth more than the “gift” limit?

For example, if you order Huel plus delivery of GBP 100, does that arrive at your door with a request for ZAR 1000? Or just with a smile?

Obviously, mileage will vary, and maybe sometimes there are charges and sometimes there are not; the FAQ correctly punts on it; but if there are “sample” or “typical” times/rates, it’d be nice to know what to expect.

Thanks

Not from SA but will share my experience of getting delivered to Malasysia – the customs people here are ‘special’ to put it mildly. If I order powdered food, it usually does not attract any duty although it confuses the hell out of them. RTD drinks on the other hand do get duty here and that levy depends on the prevailing mood of the customs officer on the day. Its ranged from 9% to 120% for the same delivery and changes every month.

I find that if my deliveries are despatched from Fengate on a Monday they usually arrive at the local DHL depot by the Wednesday evening then spend 2 days (powders) in customs or 5 days (RTD) while they decide what duty they will use that day. Obviously, the delivery schedules also depends on the routing hubs of the courier – Malaysian deliveries are serviced by DHL who are flaky at the best of times.