Is Huel Black Edition AIP?

Hello Huellers,

I suffer from an autoimmune disease and have been recommended by a dietician and doctor to specifically try the AIP diet and document the results. If you’re unfamiliar with it, the AIP diet page can be found here [What is The Autoimmune Protocol - The Paleo Mom].

A quick high level rundown of what to eliminate are foods like grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, nightshade vegetables, eggs, and dairy. Tobacco, alcohol, coffee, oils, food additives, refined and processed sugars, and certain medications, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) should also be avoided.

So, my question is does Huel black edition fit this criterion? I understand the sweetners may be a problem but I am prepared to go with the unsweetened version.

Thanks in advance.

Are there any ingredients in the flavour(s) you’re looking at that are not allowed in the diet?

Hey @hensrealm - welcome to the global forum!

Unfortunately, if you’re following this dietary pattern at this time, Huel Black Edition would not be suitable. This is mainly due to the legumes and seeds exclusion (pea protein and flaxseed are ingredients) as well as the nightshade exclusion due to the phytonutrients in Huel Black Edition (specifically lycopene, which comes from tomato).

So sorry about that. Always best to double check with your RD and doctor, as well, if unsure. Let me know if you have any additional questions too! Happy to help and chat through. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.