Is Huel just right or too sweet?

Just right 20 characters.

1 Like

I find that it really depends on the temperature of the water you mix with.
With room temp water it is not particularly sweet, and I would think itā€™s just about right.
But if I wanted more of a sugary taste I would blend the shake a few hours before, put it in the fridge and it would be to a nice level of sweetness.

1 Like

Just right for me!!! (One ! wasnā€™t enough for the forum system ;))

1 Like

I love the unsweetened version and think that it is fine as it is!

1 Like

Iā€™m on v1.1 but I like it best 3 scoops unflavoured to 1 scoop sweet. There is probably no pleasing everyone.

Too sweet.
Iā€™ve tried living off the vanilla flavour but it was definitely to sweeter than i would like. Iā€™ve ordered a batch of unflavoured, unsweetened and i hope this will make it more bearable. TBH i was just expecting a kind of oaty porridge taste but the vanilla ā€œflavourā€ was very strong, when i expected it to be unintrusive. I tried combining it with the toffee flavour pack but the sweetness was unbearable. Hopefully the unsweetened is what I was looking for.

The vanilla is just right

A 50/50 mix of the vanilla and the unflavoured/unsweetened hits just the right spot for me. Especially when Iā€™m on 100% Huel.

Vanilla is just right for me. I genuinely enjoy Huel at the moment and donā€™t tend to add anything to it.

Still a little too sweet. I have since ordered unsweetened and when at home I add some berries or a banana to the Nutribullet and I love it. Much more natural. Tonight I accidently used the vanilla instead of the unsweetened and I could really taste the artificial sweetner. Itā€™s handy when Iā€™m not at home to use the vanilla in the hand shaker but I would prefer it a little less sweet please. I accept itā€™s hard to please everyone though.

@Callum_Clark You would definitely have not got on well with v1.0. It was considerably sweeter than this version, with more vanilla flavour. Personally, I liked it, although it was easier to get sick of it when I had a lot of it when compared to the current version. Sometimes it was like drinking melted ice cream.

After 4 bags if unsweetened, I order a bunch of Vanilla. Jesus! Itā€™s very sweet and the Vanilla taste is nearly unnoticeable.

Still too sweet.

Also the flavour systems suck ā€” bitter stevia aftertaste

Iā€™ve found that the level of sweetness is proportional to how long you let it sit. Try experimenting. This is what Iā€™ve found:

If I mix a batch at night (around 10pm) and keep it in the fridge until 8:30am, then have it for lunch at 1pm, thereā€™s very little sweetness - almost none.

If I mix a batch with water from my filter jug (not very cold, but not luke-warm either) itā€™s pretty sweet.

If I mix a batch and leave it in the fridge for an hour, itā€™s ice cold and noticeably less sweet.

If I mix a batch in the morning around 8:15 and have it for lunch at 1pm, the sweetness is just right.

All of my tests were done by mixing with a blender 625ml water with 125g Huel (fits nicely in my 800ml bottle).

It is just right for me. I was really surprised by how pleasant the flavour is. Perhaps it could go less sweet, but it is pretty good.

Iā€™m new here and new to huel!
Had my first one this morning and I have to say I was expecting it to taste awful, but it was much better than I expected! I think itā€™s just sweet enough without being too overpowering or underwhelming.

2 Likes

Just right. (And now i need to type more so i can post the comment)

2 Likes

Just Right 111111111
(20 Character minimum posting!)

1 Like

Sorry about the minimum length, I will attempt to reduce it.

Vanilla = Just right!

1 Like