I've had Huel for breakfast and lunch, 90% of the time for the past 14 months

I’ve bee using Huel for years, and as a wildlife cameraman it’s a fantastic way to ensure I’ve always got access to tasty, vegan, and nutritiously balanced food wherever I am, providing I have access to clean drinking water.

Last yeah though an accident I had meant my life had to take a drastic (though hopefully temporary) change, and as a result I’ve been at home ever since.

Near the start of my recovery, Huel was incredibly thoughtful and sent me a big gift basket to alleviate the workload for my wife who by that point was my full time carer on top of working full time from home.

I began to have Huel (black edition) for breakfast every day (made the night before and kept in the fridge to ensure the perfect temperature and consistency), and hot and savory for most lunches.

With some short exceptions, this has continued constantly for the past 14 months and I have to say, I’ve got absolutely no regrets.

Having what is effectively a healthy smoothy for breakfast that tastes like a vanilla or salted caramel milkshake is great!
Also, whilst I have a range of hot and savouries I use for lunch, the ability to have tasty Mac n’ Cheese for lunch without the need to feel guilty, and with the knowledge that’s it’s nutritionally balanced, it’s definitely become my favourite go to.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I’ve been eating Huel as a staple for 2 of my 3 meals a day for 5 to 7 days a week for over a year, and not only has it remained healthy, whilst having that as my main source of nutrition, I have healed multiple breaks in my spine, neck, skull, pelvis, ribs, foot, brain, sternum and regained the ability to walk faster than doctors projections.

Thanks Huel :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Well done you, great to hear you are healing. :+1:

2 Likes

Great to hear! :+1:

2 Likes

That is an amazing recovery rate. Well done you and hope you continue to improve. Wishing you all the best.:crossed_fingers::blush:

1 Like

Sounds like great progress, stern stuff!

1 Like

So awesome to hear from you! How are you doing, are you still recovering physically from the accident?

We’re so happy that Huel has helped you recover as you have through this time. How is your wife doing too?

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

Thanks Tim, yeah I’m doing well thanks. Both physical and mental recovery is coming along well, and whilst the recovery is definitely still pigeon steps (two steps forward, one step back), the forward strides are becoming increasingly bigger!

Yes my wife is doing well thanks and for a good long while now, almost a year in fact, hasn’t needed to be my full time carer anymore so she’s able to focus again on her work and the things she enjoys :slight_smile:

I hope you’re all doing well at Huel, and thank you again for the gift basket, it definitely made a huge difference, and as I mentioned in my original post here, I’ve kept up with Huel for pretty much two thirds of my meals since then and enjoying it!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.