Less sweet without adding unflavoured?

Hey huelers!

Just bought and drank my first huel (original plain vanilla)… but it’s wayyyy too sweet for me!

already got 4 packs of vanilla (purchased 2 other cheaper packs from ebay) so i don’t want to risk to buy unflavoured ones if i’m already unable to finish these :nauseated_face: though I would have wanted to do a 100% huel diet…

what could add to make it less overwhelming? I thought about mixing 2 scoops with one of two serving of soy yogurt (as I’m vegan) but i don’t want to eat too much soy either…

Thanks in advance!

Raw cocoa powder helps a lot with the sweetness

2 Likes

Half a pint of lime juice and a dash of lemon.

2 Likes

I add some breakfast cereal, the bran or wholegrain kind, and hot milk or water. Eat w. spoon . Yum!

1 Like

I really would try mixing it with the unflavoured - it tones down the sweetness massively. Like you, I struggled with the vanilla, but if you get a couple bags of u/u, you can experiment with different ratios and find what works for you.

2 Likes

Yup 100% agree with 50% LOL

1 Like

Try adding a couple of teaspoons of coco powder, blend and leave overnight.

I found plain vanilla waaaay to sweet and overwhelming when just shaken and not chilled. I did the above and it transformed it into a really nice breakfast!

1 Like

Definitely chilling over night makes it massively more pleasant and less sweet (somehow). I still prefer to mix with unflavoured however

1 Like

I wonder if OP ever got his Huel right?