Lumpy shakes!

Hi, I’m nee to Huel this week and have been doing a mixture of the powder shakes and savoury meals. But I’m having real trouble getting a smooth shake to match the consistency of the pre-made ones. I’ve been careful to ensure correct quantities. I’ve tried lots of different methods but I still get lots of lumps which I find really put me off!! Any help would be much appreciated please!

unless you have an industrial blender - you won’t be able to.

there are lots of threads such as this one with tips on getting the best consistency - just have a search and read through.

I had that for ages, blenders worked for me, but they weren’t very portable for holidays, work or day’s out, as I don’t like carrying a heavy bottle of fluid around with me.

I use 2 scoops and 500ml of water. For me, what works best is:

1. Add 400ml of water to the shaker.
  2. Add 2 scoops of Huel and give it a good shake for a few minutes. (The lower water level gives more room in the bottle for the water to move and break up the lumps.)
  3. Once the Huel is broken down into a paste I add the remaining 100ml of water to dilute it (taking the fill line to 550ml) and then give it another shake to mix it thoroughly.

Perfect shake every time!

thats why Jamie Oliver invented the ‘immersion’ blender. By Invented, I mean rebranded the hand blender

I have a similar blender, except mine was only £10 rather than £154. It still means more to carry around and clean though. Quick, easy is my goal :blush:

At the end of the day, it’s whatever works best for you.

Add 4 ice cubes to the shake before the huel. Then check the lid is on tight and hold the lid on and shake upside down. The shape of the lid does the blending and the ice barrier breaks the lumps. No lumps then.

I use a stick blender