Mint-Chocolate Preblend!

I found the same - mintchoc is the only premix I don’t have to mess with - it’s pleasant to drink straight from the bag. It’s not quite as chocolatey as the FS (did you find that?) - it’s closer to mint choc chip ice cream, as opposed to minty chocolate. I like both the mint premix, and the mint choc fs mixed with u/u & original!
Yet to try coffee…

2 Likes

I haven’t tried the flavour sachets so I can’t compare. But yeah the blend isn’t too chocolately and sickly sweet. The mint flavour comes through nicely also, but again it’s not overpowering either. I’m very impressed with this one.

2 Likes

I actually quite like berry now though it’s nicer with a bit of extra flavour added in. Like frozen wonky berries and banana or rhubarb and custard flavour boosts. Might try cacao next time I use it. I do really like the Mint-Choc though, that has definitely grown on me.

1 Like

My mint choc arrived (finally) after a week (damn you holidays) and it’s good. I loved the fs, and so I recognise this. It’s a lot more mild than I would personally make it, but this was expected as berry, too was very mild. I do prefer a stronger flavor but I am probably in minority with this one. It’s more mint rather than much chocolate, and the oats are detectable. That said, I think it’s much better than the other flavors and this will be my new go-to, but I will add a slight amount of extra mintchoc fs

Nicely done overall, I like it

1 Like

Ohhh using choc soya milk with it is an excellent idea! Will definitely be trying that!

the choco soya milk makes for happy times :smiley:

1 Like

I like Berry. It’s a bit understated but not as vile to me as other people suggest. I have some Berry rtd arriving tomorrow too.

1 Like

Boo hiss RTD is the devil I tells ya! :vampire:

2 Likes

So I have just got round to trying this. I am sick and my taste buds aren’t 100%. But it is pretty good. Like aero milkshake. I can’t really taste chocolate. It’s very much mint focused. I will try mixing it with UU tomorrow as I would prefer it a bit more subtle.

1 Like

If you like it a bit more chocolatey try adding half a tsp of cacao powder to the mint premix - its really good. I agree that the mint choc premix is more minty and less chocolatey. The mint-choc fs has more chocolate. I like both :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you think the Preblend is blended with vanilla or uu? Doesn’t taste the same as vanilla + mint choc flavour boost.

Berry and coffee are based on (new) vanilla, so, I would assume that’s the case with mint chocolate as well.

I agree that it tastes very different than Vanilla plus mint choc fs. Less toffee, less chocolatey and more minty and refreshing.

I love the mint-choc preblend.
I still have Original / UU plus mint choc fs though, for a change - depends what I fancy

3 Likes

I think it may come down to mintchoc being richer in taste compared to coffee or berry it more effectively overpowers the toffee? I could be wrong though.

I think they have definitely tweaked the recipe.
No matter how much mint choc fs I put in Vanilla, it doesn’t overpower the toffee taste (and just becomes too sickly).
They’ve made the ‘vanilla’ flavour more subtle and also the mint choc less chocolatey.
I find it very pleasant and easy to drink.
As an occasional treat I still prefer the flavour boost, but as an everyday meal, I prefer the subtler flavour of the mint premix.

5 Likes

I do as well, just had one now, mmm…

1 Like

I have to put more cacao in mine to tone down the mint. Nice but tbh I don’t think I will get any more when I finish this bag. May possibly change my mind later on though… :grin:

1 Like

I just ordered my first Mint-Chocolate bag (I am from Germany). Although I don’t really like the Mint-Chocolate flavor, I find the sweetness level wonderful.

Could you please make an original-vanilla version with this exact sweetness?

Normally I’m drinking an 50-50% original vanilla - unsweetened combination, otherwise I can’t take the sucralose taste. But that is a bit too complicated and Huel shouldn’t be complicated. That would be the best product ever.

Another thing: the ingredients only say flavouring. Does it include real cocoa powder? If yes, why do you hide it?

2 Likes

Having tried the flavour boost now I might be tempted into an entire bag in my next order.

What’s complicated about that? I do it all the time. It’s the way Huel can cater to our different tastes :grin:

1 Like