Mix RTD?

At least vanilla flavour is more amenable to adding in other flavours. Good luck!

1 Like

I’m curious how vanilla RTD tastes now; won’t mind buying some off your hands!

(…just like how I bought chocolate premix bc everyone was saying how bad it was :joy: whAt am I doing xD)

Unless you’re in the Netherlands too I imagine shipping might be difficult

The idea with RTD is to not mix it with anything, because is so convenient that you would only bring the bottle, despite you can add whatever.

But if you are going to add things, why not make it with powder?

Like @RyanT said I think shipping is expensive. You’re not located in the Netherlands right?

Because apparently powder does not mix with RTD. It lumps and doesn’t blend in so liquid flavour drops or blend it with fruit is the only option if you’ve bought a RTD flavour you don’t like.

Aaah okay, you want to mix it because you dont like the flavour…

Mmm I really like the vanilla, is veeery subtle, I like it. Is so subtle that you can mix it with everything. Try with Nescafé is your best option, easy to carry and to add.

Well, I found a fan for the Vanilla RTD… my 2-year old son apparently loves it hahaha :rofl:

1 Like

@anon52829317 I’m sure you’ve used all your RTD up by now, but for anyone else searching for a solution:

Berry RTD - I found it way too sweet. A perfect solution was to mix 2tsps raw cacao powder into a small amount of warm water to make a runny paste, then tip that into the chilled RTD. Shake well. It’s delicious!

Vanilla RTD - like you, I thought this tasted really gross :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I tried my above cacao solution. I even tried 3tsps. Still tasted gross. So I added 3 drops of real peppermint essence (like you’d use for baking) and a tsp of the mint choc flavour boost. The result was very good!

The berry I would buy again because with cacao it was really pretty good.
The vanilla took way too much effort to make it nice, but if you’ve already bought it, don’t like it, and need a solution, peppermint and chocolate is the way to go!

Recieved my first Huel today, ordered Vanilla and Berry RTD with the powders to match (Yes I know they have a different taste, but wanted to dip my toes before the plunge) I havent tried Berry yet, I’ll have that tomorrow.

Vanilla… first mouth, merh not too bad, second was the same… third… nope, back in the fridge. Been repeating the process most the day basically snacking off the RTD :joy: I just tried down the bottle to see if that worked, ended up finding it hard to swallow and breathe where it was so thick. Added a few squirts of cold water, mixed it up, taste and consistency seems a million times better and was able to finish the bottle off.

1 Like

What do you mean here? Is the thickness comparable to the Berry when in the fridge for the same amount of time?

I havent tried Berry yet. Nor the powdered versions, recieved it yesterday and thought id order the RTD versions before I opened the powdered.

Ill update later today when I try the berry, its nothing a little watering down didnt fix

How did it go?

Alot better, Berry RTD seemed alot easier to drink, didnt have to water it down at all, im onto vanilla powder which I’m loving. Going to give berry powder later - I might shove an order in for chocolate just a shame I need to order 2 bags, would have liked 1 bag with a load for boosters for what I have left atm.

1 Like

I cant stomach the vanilla RTD…made me heave. I liked the Berry. I love the vanilla powder though. I had such high hopes for the vanilla RTD. I am going to try and blend it with some fruit at home to get rid of it. not why I ordered it though at all. I wanted it for when I go away on holiday.
You live and learn I guess, expensive live and learn though, and this is why I wished Huel would offer samples…or maybe this is why Huel don’t offer samplers…too many people wouldn’t buy it after tasting it:-(

I have some vanilla you could buy from me Jeffy

Seriously try water it down with a little milk or water, still doesnt make it as nice as the powder but its stomachable - or like you suggested mix some fruit in. Could always try the ice lolly recipe too or turn them into ice cubes for your regular powder?

1 Like