Mix RTD?

Has anyone successfully mixed RTD with something?

I got my RTD boxes this morning. Berry and Vanilla. I was so excited and tried the Vanilla. It was gross…

To be fair: I should have put it in the fridge first before trying but I couldn’t wait.

Maybe the flavour improves if I chill it first. Also I’m a Huel Original girl and this Vanilla flavour is very very different.

I think someone on this forum tried adding a flavour boost but that wasn’t a success.

Maybe the taste will have to grow on me…

1 Like

You could try flavour drops?
I haven’t tried RTD myself so can’t say how successful it would be, but have just bought some flavour drops to try in the powder. Worth a go maybe.
Or try cacao powder - I can’t think of anything that cacao powder wouldn’t make better :joy:

4 Likes

I much prefer the Berry to be honest. The vanilla is a bit meh.

I think powder does not mix well with the RTD in general. But flavour drops are liquid so maybe that works…

I also feel tempted to try to mix it with peanut butter powder.

I haven’t tried the berry yet but will let you know.

I also ordered the chocolate powder premix. I think I felt very experimental when I ordered :joy:

4 Likes

Yep, sounds like you leapt right in there.

LOL I leapt right in with the choc premix and was glad I did. If by any chance you don’t like it as much as I do, it is very amenable to mixing with coffee, chocolate, cacao, mocha etc.

2 Likes

or Tia Maria.

4 Likes

:laughing::yum::crazy_face: …hic…

2 Likes

Yeah the baby will love that… :joy:

5 Likes

baby%20hiccup

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

You guys cracked me up

2 Likes

Oh you’re quite right! What a difference! I just tried the berry RTD and it’s delicious.

I guess the Vanilla is just not for me…

1 Like

But I really like vanilla, which I think tastes like aniseed, and hate berry!

1 Like

Defeats the purpose of an RTD, but while we’re experimenting maybe try blending it with frozen banana & PB/PB2? I’d imagine it’d make quite the luscious healthy smoothie bowl!

1 Like

I tried to flavour vanilla RTD with the matcha flavour system powder, but it didn’t mix into the drink at all. I ended up with bits of matcha powder floating in my RTD vanilla. I like the taste of both though so it wasn’t an issue

1 Like

I think the powder has gums and other ingredients that help everything dissolve / mix into the water, even whatever you add. If you add a spoon of cacao to a bottle of cold water and shake, it just goes lumpy. But if you add it to Huel Powder plus water it mixes really well.

I’m guessing the RTD doesn’t have these same ingredients as there’s no need.

Liquid flavour drops is the way to go I think. I use mint cake flavourings and more recently have bought my protein flavour drops. The hazelnut was surprisingly good! Edit: (I haven’t tried them in RTD tho)

1 Like

Yeah I think you’re right! Unfortunately I don’t have any liquid flavour drops to try at this moment. Maybe I’ll try blending it with fruit.

Kinda defeats the point of it being RTD but I would probably be the same if I didn’t like the taste !

It does but since I really really really don’t like the Vanilla one and already have a batch I do want to use it even though it takes some extra work then.

I did change my subscription to only berry so after I somehow manage to drink these 11 left over Vanilla ones I will only have the berry which I can drink straight away.

2 Likes