My Huel experience - in the hope it helps others! - an update - 5 months in and I have now lost 2 stone lbs

Hey all,

Before I started with Huel I visited this forum hungry (no pun intended!) for information about what to expect and whether Huel could help me lose some weight and feel more confident before my wedding. With that in mind now that I am nearly 4 months in I thought I would share my experience.

I started with Huel on the 1st of January (the whole new year new me cliche!) I decided I wasn’t happy within my body and with 6 months until my wedding I wanted to get in shape. I read on the Huel website about calorie counting and the whole premise of how using more calories than we consume is the fail safe way to weight loss. I bought Huel vanilla and decided to put it to the test!

I’m not going to lie my first taste of Huel was not as I had expected. I found the taste far too artificial and it had a chemically aftertaste. It was unlike anything I had ever tasted and that first day I had to force myself to swallow! I was replacing my usual breakfast and lunch with Huel, 2 scoops and 400ml of water. This worked out at around 600 calories and then I was having a 400 calorie dinner to take my total to 1000 calories per day.

I knew I had to increase my activity levels so I began walking 3km each day on my lunch break at work. In the evenings I either do a 40 minute work out DVD at home, go swimming (I used to swim competitively so regularly cover 50 fast lengths in a session) or do a long walk, normally around 8km.

I’m pleased to share that since doing this I have lost 1 stone and 13 pounds as of today the 18th of April.

I know I wouldn’t have been able to achieve this without the help of Huel. I find it difficult enough making sure I have the right calories for my dinner, I would hate to have to go through all that faff for lunch and breakfast too! I love that it is so easy to calculate my calories through Huel and I love that it includes all my nutritional needs. I now really enjoy the taste of Huel and actually look forward to it! I purchased the chocolate flavour powder and that was a game changer! Half a teaspoon in my Huel has made all the difference and helps me feel psychologically like I am surrendering to my sweet tooth!

If you are thinking of using Huel to help aid weight loss I would say do it, it has definitely worked for me. It does require will power, it can get monotonous and I know I miss the flavour and excitement of actual food at times but I look forward to my dinners more and I tend to make sure I have one cheat day a week where I have one meal that I want without calorie counting. With some will power and determination Huel can and is a great tool to help you lose weight.

I hope this helps if you are deciding whether Huel is for you.

Thanks and good luck!

Kate

16 Likes