Need advice on Huel for just replacing lunch

Hi there

I am on Huel just replacing lunch in the weekdays. My main reason for using it is for IBS, convenience for the work day lunches, and also if in the long-term if I loose a few pounds that would be great. :grinning:

I donā€™t want to start calorie counting (it might spark old food issues!) and ideally I just want to introduce it smoothly as possible into my day. So far I love it, I donā€™t have 4pm slumps, it takes the hassle out of choosing and planning lunch for work.

I am using 3 scoops in a shake, with half a teaspoon of flavour. As far as the literature says, this is 500 cals or so.

My question is, is that accurate? Is that too much for a lunch? I feel Iā€™m full but I am a little worried that it might make me put on weight or bulkyā€¦

Thanks,

Katie

Assuming a calorie requirement of 2000 per day, split across 3 meals, 500 calories for lunch is ideal, if you feel full and it lasts you til your evening meal you could drop the portion size a little and lose weight.

It sounds about right. It depends what you were eating for lunch before, but a sandwich, snack and drink plus 4pm nibble would probably have been 500 calories or more.

Huel is pretty dense and I find it makes me much fuller than if Iā€™d had a normal lunch of salad or sandwich despite the calories working out about the same.

Hiya! Yeah, seconding what Kay said: itā€™s odd because Huel makes you feel so much fuller for the same amount of caloriesā€¦ so at least for me, the level of fullness Iā€™ve been conditioned to associate with ā€œ500kcalā€ makes Huel feel like at least 1000kcal xD but rest assured that it isnā€™t the Huel making you gain weight if anything, since thatā€™s the most precise measurements weā€™re getting.

Oh but if youā€™re concerned that the Huel is too much/too little, you may want to use a food scale instead of relying on the scoops: Iā€™ve found that each scoop can vary in weight quite a bit.

1 Like