New Berry Huel Powder!

Hi All

Loving the enthusiasm for new Berry. The berry flavours in Berry Huel are natural, but are not derived from the berries themselves. There is also some Vanilla in there (the same as in New Vanilla), but it’s a lot lower inclusion and is there to boost the berry flavour.

2 Likes

So we know it’s not actual berries, but what is the flavour made up of then? The mystery remains!!

1 Like

I’d guess that is secret much like Coca-Colas recipe is… for I assume obvious reasons

Find out Colonel Sanders’ secret ingediant while you’re at it and let me know :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok. I wish you well for the launch, but I think you’ve missed a trick here by thinking only of flavour and not of nutrition as well. Nutrition is Huel’s USP! Actual Berries are terrific.
imagehttps://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36656598_2211981835484980_8626448247877009408_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ba9bc69cb1126ce6ac5092f53f169dff&oe=5BD253B2

I just received a couple of bags of Berry Huel over the weekend.

My first impressions are pretty good. Here is what I have noticed:

Looks the same as normal Huel and smells almost the same with a slight hint of Berries. Once you add water, the colour turns slightly pink and the smell of berries is much more intense.

It seems to mix far, far better than the Vanilla v2.3 that I usually order. Normally I deal with a fair few lumps (which I don’t really mind), but the Berry Huel seems to be more soluble.

The other thing I noticed, and maybe this is linked to the above point, is that it seems to be thinner than v2.3. I use 3 scoops, add 400ml of water, shake, add another 150ml of water and find it to be much thinner (more watery) than v2.3 which I find thicker at this ratio. It does thicken up nicely when left in the fridge overnight however. This isn’t a criticism, just an observation.

In terms of flavour, it’s not too strong. I don’t like either original or vanilla Huel without a flavour boost, but this is very drinkable and a welcome change. I have the strawberry flavour boost which I think has an artificial strawberry milkshake taste which this thankfully doesn’t have. The Berry Huel seems to taste a bit more natural but I personally think it could be a little stronger. It kind of reminds me of a fruit yoghurt.

All-in-all, I have no regrets over impulsively buying 2 bags and will be adding it to my rotation.

8 Likes

I just tried this.
It smells nice and tastes good. I think it’s less sweet than other flavours but that’s ok. I’m pleased with this and will add it to my rotation too. Good job

1 Like

Oh.

My.

Days.

This stuff is great. Absolutely wonderful flavour - like a creamy, fruity yoghurt. I love the fact it isn’t sickly sweet either, but rather a good natural berry flavour. The mix of berries you’ve chosen is inspired too. Bravo Huel!

3 Likes

Sure, but its already 100% complete.

I think their tricks are magic.

2 Likes

Hi Zebra
Yes and no.
“Huel is a nutritionally complete powdered food ​that contains all the proteins, carbs, and fats you need, plus at least 100% of the European Union’s “Daily Recommended Amounts” of all 26 essential vitamins and minerals​.” This quote is from the Huel website…and is a big step forward in terms of easily taking on board known nutrition requirements.

It is also true there are ‘less known’ nutritional requirements…one estimate is 100,000 phytonutrients across plant-based foods. As that source points out, quantifying all these and taking 100,000 pills or powders is not practical, but taking on the whole food achieves the same. Hence a whole berry is better than a berry flavour.

1 Like

There already a tonne of phytonutrients in Huel as far as I know. May be wrong though.

One can always blend some berries into Huel if desired :smiley:

Good response. Thanks Andrew. I learned something there.

There’s at least 5!..as they are declared in the nutrition information. But as your comment suggests, there are likely more as huel is powdered food…presumably powdered whole food but we don’t know. Also we (or anyone) doesn’t know the total number of phytonutrients, what they are good for, what their RDAs are etc. The science is at an early stage. Of course, berries can be added, but that’s not really my point.

Have you improved the 2.3 version or something to make it more soluble?

@jamescollier

I’d just like to crank up the enthusiasm in my last post for Berry Huel by a few more notches. This new flavour is great!

1 Like

This is the same formula - the only differences are the flavour components.

However, a few weeks ago we are using new blending machinery

How much sucralose is in berry compared to new vanilla?

Erm well a little disappointed. It’s good but not as nice as I was expecting. Not enough flavour but I agree it mixes very well. Can’t be as good as adding real fruit. I’ll keep trying but not sure I would order another bag

3 Likes

I agree with @r4sutton,I’ve ordered a bag of berry as well and it tastes fine and mixes well. But at the end of the day I’ll just blend some blue and raspberries in U/U.