New Berry Huel Powder!

To those of you saying it barely has any taste to it- how much powder and water are you using?

I do 125 grams of berry huel and fill up my shaker, and while the taste isnt overpowering it definately is there.

One thing I can recommend though; get the raspberry flavdrops from http://Myprotein.com (this is available basically everywhere) it really enhances the flavour, sweetness and lasts a long time.

1 Like

And in case you are vegan, the raspberry drops without stevia arenā€™t veganā€¦the ones with stevia are.

1 Like

This is your best yet

To be honest, it doesnā€™t have much competitionā€¦

2 Likes

I must give some love to the Berry flavour. To me the subtleness is great. It is not overly sweet, and coming from New Vanilla I think this is welcome. Have ordered lots of new bags of berry now, since it is quite difficult going through bags of new vanilla now that Iā€™ve tried this more subtle flavour. It is not as dense and thick as new vanilla and mixes way better. The taste is refreshing in the summer heat too. It is my new go to Huel :slight_smile:

Hi guys! Iā€™m the worst at handling different tastes and I canā€™t really afford to buy entire bags of Huel to try them before committing. Would anyone be willing to post me some of new vanilla and berry in exchange for money please? I wish Huel still sold the taster packs :frowning:

Please also note the comments relating to using whole fruit, not just flavouring. This seems more consistent with Huelā€™s ethos.

Huelā€™s turning me into a risk taker exactly like that tbhā€¦and then a problem solver after when it occasionally goes wrong (like the bitter coffee Huel I really do not get along with)

As a side note Iā€™m having major FOMO not being in the UK rn I really wanna try Berry Huel!!!

Thatā€™s really exciting for you! I wish I had tastebuds which would allow me to do the same haha

Donā€™t wish away your travels, the real FOMO hits when youā€™re stuck here all the bloody time! (Not counting this glorious summer of course)

1 Like

Just got my berry yesterday. The smell of the powder and mixed shake is very nice. However I get a slightly weird licorice aftertaste from the berry shake. Anyone else have similar experiences or did I maybe get a bad product?

Edit: Similar experience with the vanilla. Maybe its just the sweetener.

Had this delivered on Friday. Absolutely love it and prefer it to the vanilla. But will order both in future so I can alternate. Canā€™t wait til the next flavour release.

Omgā€¦ Just had my first Berry shakeā€¦

Itā€™s AWESOME :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Itā€™s not like drinking a berry smoothy, no, but you make it sound worse than it is. I much prefer the berry flavour over the vanilla flavour and Iā€™m 100% Huel at the moment.

1 Like

Any acne prone people on here noticed a breakout on berry huel? I usually have the unsweetened and unflavoured but i think maybe the added sweetener is causing my acne to flare up potentially? Could be totally non relatedā€¦

This link supports my earlier wish for berry huel that is made not just by adding berry flavour but adding whole berries instead, this not only providing a new flavour option but also benefitting from the nutritional goodies within berries.

Brain-boosting Huel: surely not a bad thing.

Thanks for the +1 on this topic Andrew. Although on the surface just adding berries to our Huel Powder seems simple it poses a number of problems:

• Berries go rancid so the shelf life of Huel would be affected/removed
  • Freeze-dried berries would mitigate this but the affect on the flavour would be non-existent. You would need to add a lot to have any flavour - resulting in a much more expensive Huel for us and therefore you
  • Flavouring helps us protect our nutritional profile, freeze-dried berries would increase the sugar content more than we would like
  • Although we canā€™t possibly say that weā€™ve discovered everything about nutrition, Iā€™m sure thereā€™s nutrients we are yet to discover exist, Huel is designed to be nutritionally complete and include added scientifically proven phytonutrients that the raw ingredients donā€™t provide. So adding berries for the sake of a possibility of other nutrients we donā€™t yet know about wouldnā€™t be something we would do right now

Hope that makes sense!

2 Likes

Thanks. It didnā€™t occur to me that drying the berries would remove their flavour, but this is more your area of expertise than mine.

Iā€™ve ordered one of these for my next delivery as everyone here is saying how nice it is :slight_smile:

Yes! So Iā€™ve returned as a Hueller - thanks to the new Berry Flavour. I bought Huel last year, and had one batch that, if Iā€™m brutally honest (it was Vanilla V2.0) that just didnā€™t mix well and tasted awful. Sadly, it put me off.

I saw on your twitter page that you had released the new berry stuff, and it arrived today. Itā€™s bloody marvellous and mixes like a dreamā€¦ tastes even better! So yeah, glad to be back :smiley:

2 Likes