NEW FLAVOUR ANNOUNCEMENT! v3.0 & Black Edition - Cinnamon Swirl šŸ¬

Yes, I agree - specifically because all of the other items in a range are all the same price - although wasnā€™t the matcha flavour boost possibly more expensive back in the day?

there are other of cases of things in the same range with different prices I guess - selection boxes - RTD flavoursā€¦

looking back through announcements - the unit price is never included - only on the 2 occasions there has been across the board price rises.

Besides not mentioning the price difference, Timā€™s original post actually includes the standard prices of both v3.0 and BE, which could be misleading as neither are relevant to the new flavour.

I canā€™t understand why the correct price information was kept out of the announcement, itā€™s surely very important, even just on principle.

2 Likes

Only slightly tempted by this, while I love the RTD I worry about it becoming too sweet. I loved the Strawberries and Cream Black Edition but it got too much towards the end. At least I know where I stand with Banana.

One question as curiosity, could you explain more about the price difference?

Is it because of the cinnamon? Where is the cinnamon sourced? Is it cassia or ceylan?

@Tim_Huel and another question. If you are starting to make price differences beacause of ingredients, would you make a price reduction in the Unflavoured and Unsweetened versions? They are the cheaper and simpler to make

:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

4 Likes

You donā€™t know that U/U is cheaper. We donā€™t know the cost per gram of Huel and the cost per gram of the flavourings. If they are similar then the cost should be the same as there is more more Huel in the U/U bags to make up for the lack of flavour.

Thereā€™s ā€˜more Huelā€™ in U/U? Really? Each bag is listed as 17 meals. Can we have confirmation on this? I assume all Huel bags contain the same amount of Huel, as is advertised.

If some favours are more expensive to produce, then it seems reasonable to assume that zero flavourings should be cheaper. So now that thereā€™s a precedent set with a price differential for the new flavour itā€™d be welcome to see it carried through to all flavours, and for zero flavourings in U/U to be reflected in the pricing.

1 Like

I assume Coup means that there is more base ingredient in UU to make up the same calorie per 100g meal. if they didnt the weights / calories / serving would also be different to all the other flavours.

if we assume/guesstimate that flavourings account for an average of 3% of the mix (based on flavour boosts measurements) then that would be a shortfall of 50g per bag (half a meal) that needs making up with other base ingredients.

1 Like

I can understand if maybe saffron flavour but unacceptable that a flavour such as cinnamon is more expensive, we already pay Ā£7 more.

because it is? depending on the type of spice used - ceylonese cinnamon for example is more that double the wholesale cost of a good grade organic cocoa or coffee

Thanks for that point about U/U Phil. Had assumed flavourings werenā€™t nutritionally significant. Nor significantly bulky. Assume they must be.

Thoā€™ a little more base ingredients canā€™t be as expensive as the various flavourings, surely?

This wouldnā€™t be an issue if all flavours were priced the same, itā€™d just be swings and roundabouts, but to price the new flavour higher than all the others is a big change, and not to have announced it is so disappointing, seems like more questions can reasonably be asked.

If it is ceylon then that is fair enough.

I dont know Iain - Iā€™m hoping it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Tim_Huel is it cassia or Ceylon?

Moment of truth

Iā€™m not so bothered to know the reason for the higher price, thatā€™s up to Huel, the company can charge whatever it wants for its products, of course.

For me the issue is still why the price was omitted from the announcement and left to be discovered afterwards by customers, who were obviously going to be unpleasantly surprised and disappointed.

I hope this can be explained. Huelman error? :wink:

1 Like

this is standard for any new release - if you look back through them - the unit price is not mentioned in the notification - at least not in any I have seen in the past few years.

Has the unit price for a new flavour ever been different from previous flavours before now? Are price differentials between flavours something we should expect, or is this a new development? Is pricing information something an existing customer might reasonably expect in an advert for a new product? Or am I expecting too much? I thought Huel seemed unusually open, reliable and helpful with its communications, and thatā€™s why this situation is so surprising and disappointing.

yes - RTDā€™s, selection boxes, bars

Sorry Phil, shouldā€™ve been more specific. Iā€™m assuming this is the first time powders have ever been priced differently according to flavour.

Also RTD V2 are Ā£1.50 more than the V1 flavours