NEW FLAVOUR ANNOUNCEMENT! v3.0 & Black Edition - Cinnamon Swirl šŸ¬

Really donā€™t want any of you to feel like weā€™ve done anything underhand here, which it sounds like youā€™re suggesting.

I never include the product price in announcements - Forum, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. We have loads of prices - different currencies, different prices in different regions, subscription price, single pouch price, bulk discount price, referral price. Itā€™s much more efficient to link to a product and you will be directed to the exact correct price for your region. It means I can focus on the interesting bits of the product

Sorry about that. Hadnā€™t realise the links would preview with that. Was just trying to make it easy to head to the site. Good point, though.

I donā€™t know the make up of the flavouring. Like with all our flavours I imagine this is intellectual property. I will ask the question though.

2 Likes

Tim, not suggesting that at all. Bee put it best, merely: ā€˜it might have been helpfulā€¦ā€™

Helpful indeed, and I hope voicing concerns about this issue here on the forum is helpful moving forward.

Finally tried it for breakfast this morning - it definitely doesnā€™t have the same punch of the RTD version (as most of the comparable powder flavours donā€™t) but definitely get a nice waft of cinnamon when you open the bag. The taste is great - not so sweet you need to mix it with UU - but I agree with another comment I saw here it also tastes similar to the gingerbread FB but sharper. Not too surprising as you use as much cinnamon as you do ginger in gingerbread recipes.

1 Like

Does it really contain any cinnamon? Reading the list of ingredients I couldnā€™t find itā€¦maybe I overlooked it, or natural flavouring means cinnamonā€¦so sorry if I made a mistake?

It does contain cinnamon and is covered under the ā€œnatural flavouringsā€. :blush:

Is that how it is flavoured in its entirety, with real cinnamon?

And what kind of cinnamon is used?

Right; I bought some Cinnamon Swirl (White edition) which arrived yesterday. I made some up and stuck it in the fridge overnight and Iā€™ve just drunk it.

From opening the bag it has that delicious aroma of cinnamon buns in a bakery and the actual drink retains that flavour after chilling overnight; it really is very tasty - the cinnamon isnā€™t overpowering, yet at the same time it isnā€™t lost in the mix. I made it with 50/50 UU as is my tradition with all the flavours and although Iā€™ll admit cinnamon isnā€™t one of my go to flavours normally, this is absolutely banging.

Itā€™s probably up there with S/C as my favourite flavour now.

Iā€™ve not actually tried the RTD cinnamon, so donā€™t know how it compares, but I added a bottle of that to my order just to see. Wonā€™t necessarily be drinking it just yet mind you,

8 Likes

I feel it does it better than all the other flavoured premixes - probably because cinnamon isnā€™t soluble. seems to taste just as good no matter how long you leave it while other flavours definitely mellow out over time.

1 Like

Ah this is so awesome to hear! Especially that even with your traditional 50/50 split you enjoyed the flavour loads!

1 Like

Iā€™ve never actually tasted some of the mixes made up and drunk straight away. I generally chill them first. The one thing I have noticed is that some can be bitter if drunk fresh, probably die to the sweeteners. Iā€™ve never actually notices a mellowing over time, and I I have drunk some after 48 hours in the fridge.

1 Like

@hunzas i sometimes make my shake and drink straight away especially cold winter mornings and ive not died yet. :upside_down_face:

I always drink my shakes freshly made. I keep a bottle of tap water in the fridge and use that and drink it straight away. I prefer the gritty texture of it freshly made over the smoother thicker texture of leaving it to soak overnight.

Yeah, well Iā€™m a smooth operator.

2 Likes

I guess Iā€™ve just gotten into the habit of refrigerating it, and I do like the texture when it has smoothed out a bit.

1 Like

I like it better after thickening up a bit in the fridge. Problem is knowing itā€™s ready and resisting having it too early. Needs willpower, often lacking! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I just eat a few packets of crisps while Iā€™m waiting.

2 Likes

Finally my cinnamon swirl (black edition) order arrived at my door today (couple of days late due to Swedish postal services). Having my first sips right now.

My verdict is that it does taste like drinking cinnamon buns which is all I could expect. Nice! This will be a nice alternative but my go to flavor salted caramel (black) is still my favorite.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a close call in those two flavours I agree.

1 Like

Minimum of 2 Bags again to get Black Edition.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Just like the 3 Bag minimum for Hot & Savoury. All I want is a bag of cinnamon swirl and a bag of mac n cheeze. Wouldnā€™t mind paying for delivery either.

Or a selection pack of all the Black Editions, with a taster of each.

Really bad pricing/purchasing model by Huel for those of us that just want the odd bag to help keep in a Calorie deficit for a few weeks or have something to eat quickly when away with work and tracking calories.

they are already in the process of trialling a new purchase model.

3 Likes