New Huel User - First experiences

Hello all,

I’m a new Huel user. Huel has been on my radar for a while now and I’ve always resisted. I am an avid gym junkie and workout most days in my garage gym and I’ve been using protein powders for about a decade.

I do struggle with controlling my weight and I have some to lose which is my primary focus with Huel. I’ve tried all the “diets” in an effort to control my eating but I eventually break out and resort to eating all the things.

The advantage of Huel is that I do not have to think about food too much. I usually struggle with breakfast and lunch. I usually stick with eggs but I get bored and end up eating bread and sandwiches and so on.

Anyway, my Huel delivery arrived Monday. I went for the vanilla 28 meal pack as a starter.

My first experience was… interesting. I used 500ml water and three scoops in a vitamix and I have to say that after a decade of sucking down heavily sweetened protein shakes, Huel was a bit of a shock! It tasted fairly bland and with a strong aftertaste of flax. It took me a good 40 minutes to finish it. So, I hit up the website here and ordered a mocha flavour pack which arrived the next day (thank you for the quick delivery!)

After a little trial and error, here is my recipe for success! (See what I did there?)

400ml water.
3 scoops Huel
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon mocha
Whizz in a blender.
Stick in the fridge for an hour.

Result? Delicious, creamy and a pleasure to drink. Leaving it to rest in the fridge is like magic. It becomes much thicker and creamier. So I tend to make up my breakfast shake at night before bed.

My plan is to use Huel 2-3 times a day with a real meal in the evenings. I’m aiming for around 2k calories a day.

Thanks for reading and I’ll update with my experiences as I go. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The advantage of Huel is that it is extremely easy to track calories.

Losing weight is as simple as decreasing calories. (I am not saying losing weight is simple.) But numerous studies have shown that everyone substantially underestimate how many calories they consume in a day. With Huel, it is easy to count the calories. So now, you only have to worry about a single evening meal.

Best to you!

1 Like