Newbie - Dislike of Milkshakes

Hello,

I am looking to replace 2 out of my 3 meals a day to reduce calorie intake and to also make sure I don’t miss meals.

I noticed Huel mainly because you can use water instead of milk. I have a dislike of Milkshakes, no matter what flavour. Am I on the right track or do they still taste like milkshakes?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I personally don’t think they are anything like milkshakes but as I’ve not drunk milkshake for many years I may be mistaken. They are less sweet and the powders have more of an oaty taste. I think a little like a cold thin ready brek if I think back to when I was a kid.

2 Likes

I would agree that I don’t think they taste like milkshakes either. I mostly use half water and half oat milk too.

1 Like

I wouldn’t really say the powder tastes like a milkshake, the RTD does to me though!

2 Likes

RTD chocolate is my absolute favourite. I also mix half and half with coffee, banana and chocolate powders with the rtd for different variations. Like @hunzas it is many years since I drank a milk shake and I do remember them being very sickly. :banana::coffee::sake:

2 Likes

Thank you all for taking time out to reply :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I have found my local Tesco does a bottle in the Chocolate flavour, so I will give that a taste test rather than paying out and finding out it’s just not for me :+1:

1 Like

I would +1 what @cuba has said, the RTD you’ve just bought I do think tastes much more like a milkshake. Let us know what you think, but I think you might not be sure. The powder doesn’t taste like a milkshake. Yes, like ready brek, we hear that quite a lot, also just like a smoothie you added oats too!

To me RTD tastes more like a soy drink than a milkshake.

1 Like