Newbie Help

Hi all,
I need some advice if possible, I’ve read through but can’t find my answer.

I’ve been researching for days on meal replacement shakes and want to avoid all of the usual ones that add heaps of sugar etc, Huel sounds perfect. Id like to use it for weight loss and intend to replace breakfast and lunch with Huel and then eat a healthy meal in the evening.
If I only use 2 scoops per shake for example twice per day, will I still be getting enough nutrients etc? Or should I also supplement with an additional multivitamin?
I have about a stone that I would like to lose. I am a 33 year old female and weigh 10st 7 at the moment and am 5ft 5ins.

I’ve never used anything like this before and after reading sooooo much I’m not quite sure which way to turn.

Any help would be really appreciated
Thanks xx

Hey there! Thanks for the message, Huel definitely sounds ideal for you. It’s not a weight loss product but due to the ease of measuring calorie intake it can help with calorie deficit. You raise a good point though that on a deficit you may not be consuming your full quota of micronutrients.

Looking at your measurements and assuming you are lightly active it looks like you need 1,887 Calories/day to maintain your weight and 1,387 Calories/day to lose 0.5 kg per week. Two scoops, twice a day won’t reach this and you’ll be at around 608kcal. So not only will you not get enough nutrients you’ll be seriously low on macronutrients too.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply Tim. That’s a great help.

I think I will still go ahead an order Huel as I cant bear the thought of using some of the other products I’ve researched due to the sugar content and ingredients I cant pronounce. And in all fairness, I’m skipping meals all over the place at the minute so I don’t think I will be any worse off, some macronutrients is better than none.

I’ll use more than 2 scoops to start and see how I get on I think, and keep supplementing with my usual multivitamin maybe :slight_smile:

I’ve read about lots of people successfully using this for weightloss even though that’s not the intended use for the product, so I’m keeping everything crossed it will work for me too :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

2 Likes

I wonder how you’ve done so far :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve managed to lose nearly a stone (over about 5 months) on 2 x 2 scoops a day plus a normal meal. I did better at the beginning when I was walking more and being fairly strict with my diet, but I’m still slowly losing weight, and Huel is largely responsible for that.

Good luck Emma! I’ve lost 10lb since mid October with 60g granola for breakfast, 2 scoop (76g) shake for lunch and a healthy veggie evening meal. As I had lunch out with a friend today I will have the shake for my evening meal. Feeling fine on this regime so far.
If you use something like MyFitnessPal to count calories it becomes really easy to lose a lb of fat per week.

1 Like