Nutritional weights not aligned to scoop weights

I understand that it looks a bit odd. Essentially it was because a) there’s no such thing as a 50/100/38g scoop b) the scoops we got from our suppliers we reckon were about 38g on average.

a) Every scoop you take of Huel is different. If it were possible to have a 38g scoop every time then:

Scoop 1 = 38g
Scoop 2 = 76g
Scoop 3 = 114g

However I’ve measured it every time I have Huel and I’ve never had this. Scoop 3 might equal 114 on occasion, but the scoops have never followed linearly. I parody this here.

Therefore a 50g scoop doesn’t = 50g every time. The scoop is just a means of getting out Huel from the pouch and if nutritional precision is important to you then scales will always be the best answer.

We think 400-500kcal is a good portion size to start with, but really everyone is different so giving a recommendation is difficult. Legally we have to say 100g on the label and we also have to give a serving suggestion and we think 500kcal makes the most sense (14 meals per bag, not 15.35, if we used 114g)

Saying all this, we are in fact releasing a “50g scoop” in the USA for ease, and reducing our recommended portion size to 100g (2 scoops) soon. If this goes well then we may reconsider here as we want Huel to be as simple to use as possible. You wish may come true :slight_smile:

4 Likes