Original Flavour Huel is Back!

I was excited when I saw this! I liked Original.

Hope you like it guys! It’s great to have it back.

3 Likes

My 1st order of version 3 will ship on Friday, looking forward to tasting it.

Always used original - tried new vanilla but did not like that at all. Tasted coffee and berry but neither were strongly flavoured for me.

Original all the way - hopeful for V3!

Guys can someone explain me what’s the difference between original, vanilla and no aroma? Mostly original and no aroma.

@Tim_Huel I think you should place a tooltip to explain this near to “original” otherwise only old fans will understand :laughing:

Vainilla is technically “better” with less sucralose, but there is a beef with the flavour that even I dont understand. I use Vainilla just as a flavour boost sometimes, I cant stand the sweetness by its own without UU.

@Tim_Huel Could you make a little recap on why there is still so many problems between Original and Vainilla? Which are the other differences, beside the sucralose proportions?

U/U Hueligans reading users argue about Original vs Vainilla:

Haha, do you mean Unflavoured & Unsweetened? Can’t help but think back to our chat about Ray Holt, “Original No Flavour and Whole Wheat No Flavour” :laughing:

Vanilla - Vanilla flavoured Huel, light natural flavour, not to sweet but not bland.
Original - much more sweet, much less Vanillary, more oaty and a little malty. Original refers to it being the first flavour we had, not the flavour profile.
Unflavoured - as it says, no flavour, no sweetness apart from the whole ingredients.

That’s why we’ve got the explainer below the flavour!

@airiartev I think you’ve recapped the differences well with the quotes from other threads, but the only problem was the difficulty of matching Original but only using natural flavours.

2 Likes

As we used to say at my old firm “same same but different”

Lol

So is flavouring and sweetener used to give Original its “natural oaty taste”? :exploding_head:

The malty taste for sure, but the oaty taste is from the oats! Original is sweet, and less vanilla-ry so the oaty flavour is masked less than with Vanilla Huel.

2 Likes

this is why I like it.

Sorry for asking what might be a dumb question @Tim_Huel but what does the ‘G’ stand for in the O.G. is back?

2 Likes
1 Like

:laughing:Thanks @Jem Should have tried urban dictionary as I usually do :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I’ve seen Ice-T play live several times with BodyCount. Charming band with some quite controversial lyrics and liberal use of the word Mother*****r.

1 Like

Being “a little behind” these silly phrases is actually a compliment!

1 Like

Hi @Bee I’m glad you asked because like you I would never have known what it meant either. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Lol good to know I’m not alone :grin:

1 Like

Bunch of squares.

That’s a smashing band, old fruit! They love the good old boys in blue.

It’s quite bizarre that T now plays a cop in a TV show.

Yeah, they always play Cop Killer live. I’ve not seen the Law and Order show. I like the anti-vegan sentiment of their last album.

Just had my first Original V3 shake and I am pleased to say that if I hadn’t been aware that it had changed then I doubt I would have known.

That is pretty much what I wanted as I have been happy on the Original for a couple of years now so was concerned if the flavour had not been continued.

5 Likes