Original flavour poll - Original customers I need your opinion

Hi - V3 uses Sucralose not Stevia - only Huel Black uses Stevia.

Itā€™s worth noting that when we only had Original (when it was called Vanilla) we still had people saying they donā€™t like the taste. In fact, since launching our new Vanilla flavour and making this the main flavour, these complaints have reduced. My point is that Huel to many does still taste a bit weird if you arenā€™t used to similar things.

Did they try your Original and have drastically different opinions?

Thank you for letting me know, do you know if the Sucralose is also used in the vanilla flavour of Huel? It has a very odd after taste, I have had Xylitol before and its so much better as a sweetener donā€™t understand why they donā€™t use that.

this was a previous response to the same question

Wait Phil, youā€™re telling me i could be pooping more and Huel said no!?

Whats the point in buying Huel if not for the poop and the forums to talk about poop?!

1 Like

Bulk buy some Smints- wash them down with Huel - see how it goes

Could I ask, Julian, or anyone at Huel, what was the dominant drive for producing v3?

It does seem to be that the majority of the regular Hueligans preferred the taste of v2.3 compared with v3 and Iā€™ve seen a number of people (not just in this thread) say that v3 doesnā€™t sit well with them and their bowls. The latter point I have also found for myself, though possibly not quite as bad as others.

Unless there is an issue with supply, Iā€™d say there is very good call to keep producing v2.3 alongside v3, possibly with a rebranding as I know you donā€™t want to look like youā€™re selling an older product. Itā€™s not older, itā€™s just different.

3 Likes

Sucralose is present in vanilla v3.0 (the white bag) and vanilla RTD Angelina. Huel Black Edition Vanilla contains no sucralose and is sweetened with stevia and coconut sugar instead.

Thereā€™s a few reasons. For example, there was a drive to improve the nutrition e.g. by adding probiotics and to improve the taste and texture by tweaking the ingredients slightly. You can find out more here. Of course not everyone will enjoy these changes and Iā€™m sorry you havenā€™t. We are keeping track of Hueligansā€™ feedback across all our contact points.

Thanks for sharing! Hmmm surprising! Such a shame :(. I have added a banana and canā€™t taste the sweetener after that so I am going to try adding cacao today. Thanks for your help!

Thank you! I will try the Huel black edition next time I buy.

Hi, for me the best ever was 2.3 Original. Please make it available again.
Also, if you could provide the Glycemic index for each huel type, for powder when its used with water, it would be really useful and reassuring.
thank you.

The glycemic index for 100g of Huel v3.0 + water is 16, you can find out more here.

We were in the process of having the GI of Black Edition tested but unfortunately testing has been paused for now.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for the update regarding GI. I was checking the page you linked before, but at that time the 3.0 powder info was not available there. Cheers

1 Like

This kind of lost. Anyone feels like they want the Original flavour? I do.

1 Like

I always used Original until its phasing out but in the meantime, pending the potential arrival of a replacement, I use a blend of UU and Vanilla which creates a passable facsimile.

Original is the best flavour IMHO, although I always used it with UU rather than just Original, but tastes are different UU and vanilla wasnā€™t to me a passable facsimile.

Iā€™d like to add my +1 to all those who preferred v2.3 Original over all other flavours- it really hit the mark, and was something I looked forward to every day, unlike the vanilla, chocolate and banana versions, or v3 Black vanilla, of which I went through at least one bag each. I was thrilled to be able to get 10 bags of original in the outlet store, but would love to be able to look forward to an even longer-term supply.

As for the question of accepting a flavour thatā€™s ā€œ80-90%ā€ there- it really is impossible to answer, because the difference may even be an improvement, aside from the problem of flavour having so much more than a single dimension, and being so subjective. If thereā€™s a chance of getting it 95% there and needing to wait an extra 6 months, Iā€™d wait. If the alternative really is not releasing it at all, Iā€™d certainly prefer the 80-90%-there version.

Perhaps contact all those who have re-ordered Original v2.3, and all those that made big outlet orders of it, with your question? I found this thread by chance, and I expect forum-dwellers only make up a small fraction of the people whoā€™d want to have a say.

Iā€™m a little embarrassed at how upset I was when I first learned that Original wasnā€™t part of the new lineup, so am keeping my fingers tightly crossed that this will go ahead. Also, If you have even one spare bag of the original Mocha flavour boost around, let me know.

og taste was nice man

always nicer to have something new tho

I canā€™t even imagine what 80 to 90% means but I certainly canā€™t trust the person whoā€™s selling such a product to me that I would agree. Frankly, I doubt that more than 10% of the population would have the same opinion as me when rating the similarity of two flavours.
What I do know is that even my elderly father liked the taste of ā€œvanilla originalā€ but everyone whom Iā€™ve exposed ā€œnewā€ vanilla flavours to found it repulsive.
Unless you are absolutely certain that your new flavour is indistinguishable or preferable to 9/10 of randomly chosen persons, donā€™t bother.
I really want to move on from v2.3, Iā€™m yet to try my 3.0 ā€œCoffeeā€ flavour. I look forward to it being tolerable, but until I hear that itā€™s certainly ā€œthe sameā€ Iā€™ll be avoiding it, or be a annoyed customer.

My favourite too. And I agree the 80-90% thing is hard to answer.