Please let us mix and match different products when ordering

Okay, this is shockingly bad UI, and is only half way there.

It’s not actually in the basket or cart that you get offered these single packs, but on the intermediate ‘Exclusive basket offer’s’ page, after you add some stuff to your cart.

So the only way to see that page is add something to your cart. After that there’s no way to navigate back there. Just list these items elsewhere, somewhere easy to navigate to based on a qualifying basket if you’re going to let people buy them.

It is a workaround for getting 1 bag of black or the hot and savoury though, so fair play, although they don’t offer the gluten free here. It feels like a half arsed way of implementing this and just makes it frustrating for users who want to order a couple of bags of something and then a selection of other stuff after browsing the shop.

If they skip this ‘offers’ page there’s no way to view them again.

I suspect it’s probably done on purpose though to encourage users to bulk buy from the main shop.

1 Like

The most frustrating thing about all this is how long they have spent on the redesign and this is what they have come up with. This simply is not good enough.

Any off-the-shelf ecommerce section from a website builder does better, tbh.

2 Likes

+1 on this. There should be a minimum spend, if that’s what the business directives require but otherwise from a user perspective, the product selection should be free to pick. E.g. I want to try Orig v3 and Black UU – that means get one and one of each, not spend a total of £100 risking hating it having to buy ultimately 4 bags.

As much I have read the original replies as to how and why it’s complicated to mix-n-match products, in all fairness, the rest of the world can do it in their webshops, so it cannot possibly be that complicated to come up with something that would work for the business as well the customers.

2 Likes

Love these ideas. We’re on it!

Here’s another idea for you Tim - I like all the flavours and manually change my subscription every month so give us a ‘Random’ option? Guess you’d need an opt out list for anyone that doesn’t like specific flavours.

1 Like

:exploding_head:

Such a cool idea! Take some inspo from Netflix’s new play something shuffle button! Would you guys have to sign a disclaimer though which says you can’t return Unflavoured if you receive it?!

dodges heckles and abuse from unflavoured lovers :grimacing:

This is not true. I have a subscription for two boxes of nutrition bars. I buy 1 bag of UU Black (as an add-on) every once in a while. I had a single RTD and a bag of Vanilla Black with my first ever order (about a year ago) and I have tried taster flavours to go with it.

You cannot add the single bag as part of your subscription (and get the ‘subscription discount’ for it) — which might be of benefit to some, but as I do not buy it every time I don’t think I’d want to subscribe to it.

I do find the order process complicated; I sometimes just give up!

I was trying to take advantage of an offer a few weeks back, but it did not work!

:clown_face:

They have added a few possibilities on an ad-hoc basis, but it’s nowhere near the simplicity and completeness of a typical e-commerce store where you can buy any arbitrary combination of items on offer, maybe subject to a minimum order cost or something.

Sometimes even the order in which you add things to the cart matters, and one might even have to add something to the cart which one does not want, and then remove it, just to get the desired result, which is truly bizarre design.

For example, once I wanted to buy two boxes of bars, and in addition one single bar of a different flavour. Question: how do you get your cart into this state? Answer: the simplest way I could think of was:

1. Add two bags of powder to cart.
  2. Then when it asks you to add add-on items, add the single bar.
  3. Add two boxes of bars to cart.
  4. Remove the two bags of powder.

Any ordering system that makes you jump through these hoops to get to the above desired result is broken. This was a few months ago though, I’m not sure if they have fixed it now.

That said, I’m still a huge fan of Huel powder the product and have it regularly!

Gonna jump on here to let ya’ll know that this is something the Huel Team are working on.

Customer preferences regarding the ordering system have been mentioned numerous times and Tim has informed us they are working on it.

Understandably many Hueligans just want to grab our Huel with no fuss. Though with some patience we can help the Huel team by allowing them the time needed to figure out a solution to the increased demand, as the ordering system on a whole is a complex logistical matter.

Below are related quotes in Tim stating a solution is in the works. So as annoying as it is for some people, we just all need to be patient :slight_smile:

Quote 1

Quote 2

This may not help provide a one-stop solution but it does inform us all they are hearing the demand for this matter.

Stay cool and calm Hueligans! :love_you_gesture:

Long ago I was messing with the subscriptions myself and I ended with a cart that had a single scoop and a quick start guide + shipping. Nothing more. I was so tempted to make that order and show how broken the system is. I now wish I had :D.

Anyway, I tried replicating your steps and it seems that “exploit” doesn’t work anymore.

EDIT: HAHAA! I found the screenshot, I knew I had it somewhere. My memory was wrong, it was actually Huel Handbook and Natural Flavour Boost 10 Taster Pack. Still quite funny :).

To add to the hoardes - This is something I’d like to do as well.

December 2019 and I still can’t order one bag of black, a shaker, and a protein snack? This is really not consumer friendly and to be Fran this feels like a bit manipulative / sharp.

1 Like

With a profile pic of the great Spike, I would have thought you’d have appreciated the absurdity of the situation.

2 Likes

I was supposed to say to be “frank”. Fran is his sister.

Just adding another voice to the demand for mix n match abilities.

I want to be able to buy a bag of vanilla black, and 12xRTD, on repeat.

That would work for me as subscription. As it is, I just stop and start subscription all the time buying this thing and that and end up falling out of the habit. I just want the thing I want and not to have to think about it. Surely, that’s how capitalism should work lol.

Good luck sorting it out.