Poll: Do you prefer Huel freshly made or left to soak?

It is generally well known that leaving Huel in the fridge for a few hours or overnight makes it smoother (and a tad thicker if I remember correctly) and it’s often one of the first bits of advice given to a new person who is struggling to adapt to the texture.

I prefer the grittier freshly made texture over leaving it to soak for a few hours so I was wondering who else is out there who prefers it when freshly made?

Freshly Made or Left to Soak?
  • Freshly Made
  • Left to Soak

0 voters

Option 3, both? If I’m up early I will make it the night before!

3 Likes

I prefer it left to sit, but I rarely tend to think far enough ahead to make that happen.

I like both ways. No real preference.

I haven’t drunk it freshly made for ages, just accustomed to refrigerating overnight. It may taste better now as several revisions later.

to be fair, with the texture of V3 and black - as little as 30 minutes in the fridge seems to be enough to make sure all the powder is soaked in.

I’ve honestly never left it to soak, that’s why I like Huel. Bag of Huel under my desk at work, water from the cooler, 2 scoops, quick shake… in me belly! :joy:

Even working from home, I’m just in the habit of making and drinking it when I fancy.

1 Like

Freshly made with no doubt. I just wait 1-2 minutes for the bubbles to get out and I drink it.

I have tried soaked Huel and I dont like it it gets too thick for my proportions.

2 Likes

#TeamThick

I’m just lazy so I make them at the same time. Some of them will be fresh and chill others. Only thing I insist upon is that the water has to be chilled.

Edits: wow I must not make posts without my glasses in future.

I like both and have no preference either way.

I’m definitely in the leave-it-for-a-few-hours-in-the-fridge camp.

That said, I tried it with Tomato & Herb the other day, and that was horrible…

4 Likes

For Black Edition this effect does not seem to exist, or at least not to be that strong. Is it because it is grain-free? How do you prepare Black Edition usually?

Both for me too, depending what I feel like!

1 Like

I’m like super lazy, I prepare all my Huel at once in the morning, so the first I drink did not soak, but other they did.
I don’t mind either way for white edition, but for black edition I really prefer it soaked (coffee-caramel). I put more water than recommanded, but it still become nicely thick :slight_smile:

Always chilled and thick. If I don’t have one ready then half an hour plus in the freezer works well enough

1 Like

I like my Huel like I like my women…there ya go…I lasted a whole year and more.

6 Likes