Recyclable packaging

Hey there, thanks for the question. This has come up before and I pieced together a response here which I think will answer most of your concerns.

Let’s just remember this. The packaging impact of Huel is miniscule. If you lived off Huel 100% at 2000kcal/day, in one entire year you would use 53 pouches of Huel.

I can hold that amount of unrecyclable packaging in one hand…

Considering:
a) most don’t live off Huel
b) how most of us throw out at least one full black bin bag of unrecyclables per week

…this is tiny.

We could not agree more and we are working hard on a solution. Like I said in the above post:

The problem we are having with our pouches at the moment for example is their strength, if pouches break more then we end up with more spoiled and wasted Huel, contributing to total food waste.

there is no point focusing purely on plastic and neglect carbon emissions from vehicles and wastage from spoiled food.

It’s about total impact.

Thank you for your concerns. It’s phenomenal to have such an incredible group of like-minded, environmentally-conscious Huelers behind us and keep us thinking, reassessing and, hopefully, improving. Rest assured, our environmental impact is at the forefront of our minds.

:earth_africa::seedling::v:

5 Likes