Retinol acetate

So, as far as I understand it, the Vitamine A in Huel is in the form of retinol acetate. It’s stated on the website that 99% of the vitamine A in Huel is from the VM blend, which is stated as coming from a natural source.

My question then is, which source? I am of course not a food scientist, but I only know synthetic derivates OR natural derivates coming from animal sources (liver, milk products, butter, cod liver oil).

Just wondering, also because the source of vitamin A is important for pregnancy etc.

It will definitely be a Vegan source

@JamesCollier said this about v2.1 powder
“ The form of vitamin A currently used in Huel v2.1 is retinyl palmitate. This provides vitamin A at the level of 0.16mg per 100g Huel which = 533.3IU”

Doesn’t answer your question though :laughing:
Maybe James can help - I can’t find anything about the source

2 Likes

Yes, but which one :slight_smile:

It’s interesting that they changed from retinyl palmitate to acetate

Hopefully James will see this as I tagged him above and will be able to answer your question :grin:

4 Likes

I think they state somewhere that they changed this when going to a new Huel version so they would not rely on palm oil as a source for the vitamin A. Which is a decision I wholeheartedly approve.

1 Like

Wow I’m amazed it relied on palm oil for any version…
I buy vegan vitamins / minerals and would hope that being labelled as vegan would automatically rule out palm oil, for all the very obvious reasons

3 Likes

6 Likes

Maybe @Dan_Huel can shed some light on this topic?

Sorry for the delay in this. We recently changed suppliers for some of our vitamins and minerals, as a result that article is out-of-date and we are working to get the information to update it.

The retinol acetate is synthetic, I don’t have information on any of the other vitamins and minerals yet but will let you all know when the article is updated.

Apologies if anyone feels mislead.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info and clearing it up :slight_smile: For me the most important is that’s it’s from a vegan-source, so I am happy :smile:

4 Likes