RTD Flavours - what next?

Banana is a good shout.

1 Like

That’s because bananas are the work of the devil and all his little minions.

1 Like

maybe because of…reasons :slight_smile: :banana:

1 Like

n=18 seems too underpowered to measure the desired effect.
RTD is something most would not have on a regular basis - so why not with caffeine? It is a totally different product than the powder…

I don’t think anyone was aiming for a professional level cross sectional study here mate, just a general way to see how the wind blows based vaguely on the very small percentage of Hueligans who enjoy using the forums.

However I would also agree that a coffee RTD would not be in regular use, as I’ve said in a previous post, I’d keep a couple in the fridge for when I was feeling lazy in the mornings.

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas here! @Phil_C and @TashaKat - what do you mean by bite/sharp? Like something sour - your blood orange suggestion? Or Phil do you mean heat, like from your ginger suggestion?

Love the shouts for Pumpkin Spice or Gingerbread, but yes may not be quite right with it being quite a seasonal taste. However I wholeheartedly agree that Gingerbread is for life not just for Christmas!

Yeah of course, but good to get a steer, and we love finding out what you guys like. Just so you know, I also put the question to Instagram, so got some more data there :chart_with_upwards_trend:

yes - basically less reliant on sweetness so whether thats a ‘spicy’ heat ;like from ginger or sourness from a citrus source.

As an added benefit - I find when I use these kind of ingredients in powder shakes - it actually ‘forces’ you to pace yourself drinking it a little more than usual.

Interesting fact (well not really unless you’re a flavour nerd like me) but my favourite beer is made with Coriander and Orange Peel.

Now @Tim_Huel in the interests of science I think you should consider a request to the chaps upstairs to have a tasting session with some Hoegaarden Wit Blanche.

It’s for the betterment of your customers, after all! :wink:

1 Like

Banana, banana, banana, banana…(at the risk of sounding like an extra in Minions) :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sorry for totally ignoring this! It’s very clear Banana would be a popular option, these were kind of more left of field ideas we haven’t asked about before! But consider banana noted :banana: :clipboard::white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Noted and filed under B.

have these guys mentioned Banana?
Heck, it would be the first carton I’d order :smiley:

1 Like

You bananafreaks are all dead to me.

We’re alive and going bananas in these topics.

I just think banana is such a divisive flavour. So many far more inclusive possibilities.

Like coffee, for example. Or passion fruit. Or plum!

Loads of stuff the boffins need to concentrate on before we need to encounter those nasty yellow things.

:heart: :orange_heart: :brown_heart::banana:

1 Like

I guess flavour preferences are all very subjective. Personally I’d never buy a coffee/latte/mocha flavour as although I love coffee I only drink black coffee/espresso. It tastes wrong with milk/mylk to me.

Also can’t stand coconut in any form.

I’ve tried adding peaches, mango and pineapple to vanilla Huel powder and the taste just gets lost in the vanilla. I imagine passion fruit would have similar issues. So for me the idea of something a bit sharper turned out to be better than the reality.

Could definitely get behind a cherry RTD, but not the chocolate cherry flavour boost as it has a marzipan/almond taste which I’m also not keen on.

Interesting to see how different we all are :grin:

I do love black coffee tis true but the only reason I hate banana isn’t about the flavour so much as THE FLAVOUR WAS CREATED BY EVIL.

Just eww! Not quite as eww as mushrooms but nothing far off :joy::joy::joy:

I have some passion fruit zero calorie syrup. It tastes like passion fruit. I love passion fruit. I tried it in Huel. I didn’t like it.

I like he combination of rose and cardamom. I’ve tried that in Huel and it was nice but I don’t think it would sell well.

See I think the key here is cardamom.

There’s loads of stuff which are basically variations of “x fruit with cardamom”.

So basically the Huel boffins need to start with that as a base (I still think my beer system of orange peel but ok) and then work with other fruit flavours to create something which works for the many.

I reluctantly admit that loads of people want banana. Just vom, from a personal perspective, but just like I do with mushroom hot and savoury (seriously eww eww eww) I bow to the greater opinion of the forum.

Masala hot and savoury? Hold me back…