RTD in retail?

Ye, they have it in Green park Bath. As well as other locations.

Pretty good.

Soylent is up on WHSmith, too

Yep, that’s one of the local ones to me.

1 Like

I thought you were from deeper sommerset

1 Like

Well Somerset, so when I say local, it’s 20 miles away not a quick nip out and back.

1 Like

John’s location seems to change on a monthly basis. Previously he made out that the only thing for miles where he lived was plankton. Now all of a sudden he can pop to the local shop and buy a selection of complete foods.

2 Likes

Oi Paul, it was you that started the myth that I lived on a desolate and remote island with just a Morrison’s superstore for company. I live in the middle of a town.

3 Likes

@Liath (or anybody else), I’m wondering what your quackery detector makes of the below product:

Together is a reputable company and is where I buy my vegan D3 from. They have recently released this which at £16 a month isn’t cheap and it would be very hard to validate if it’s “working” or not. But you hear more and more about the effects of long term screen usage and as somebody who spends a lot of time gazing into a computer screen I would be interested in products which can minimise any health effects.

As far as I am aware the main risk to people who use computer screens is an ergonomic risk, which, in turn may cause eye strain or related issues. The way to rectift this is by ergonomic body positioning I was only made aware of this follwing a health and safety audit in my workplace. I trust my colleague knows more about this than me. The blue light and sleep disturbance in my opinion does not have a strong evidence base. I can discuss this research evidence base if needed.

Hmm. It seems the RNIB have funded some research on this. Related article here: https://www.rnib.org.uk/nb-online/blue-light-amd
Short version seems to be there is no evidence to support the claims that increased exposure to blue light due to screen use causes macular degeneration.
I’d say if you want to protect yourself then the standard advice from optometrists regarding regular screen breaks is the best place to start. On a related basis, some research shows a lower blink rate during screen use can cause dryness of the eyes so spending your money on eye drops may be a better investment.

Oh and Huel already contains lutein and zeaxanthin (similar sources, the article below mentions marigolds). So if you are worried about a lack of these phytonutrients then it seems you are already covered:

TL:DR - don’t waste your money.

3 Likes

Funny enough my sister was saying the same thing to me today; she’s an optometrist. Apparently changing screen height can really help with headaches caused by visual stress (or something, I zoned out for part of the conversation) with positive results from her patients. My eyes are dry and to help she advised my to blink properly 20 times every hour (I think; I do listen to my sister but I drift away sometimes). Properly meaning full eye closure then open, not a part-blink which is apparently what I do.

That should help to dry your eyes out, blinking 20 times an hour

1 Like

download

This takes up my entire phone screen, kinda creepy, just saying

2 Likes

Our every move is being watched by our phones,mind you mine is a Huawei…

1 Like

Oops! In addition to standard blinking I should have said!!

3 Likes