Salicylates

I see this was asked back in 2018, but just wanted to ask about the new flavours or if anything has changed.

I need to try a low-salicylate diet and just wanted to see if Huel (powder specifically, but would be curious about the rest of the range too) contains Salicylates?

Thanks!

Hey @tommerchant the powders are still low in salicylates. What new flavours are going to try?

Thanks Dan - Cinnamon Swirl, Salted Caramel and Coffee are all new since I last tried Huel I think. All those flavours would Generally be high in Salocylates in other forms tho I believe. Especially coffee - can you confirm those are also low in Salicylates?

Thanks!

Yes good point. To be sure we will send them off for testing.

It’s going to be a few weeks till we get the results back, so hang tight until then.

Thanks Dan, was not expecting so much help! - It’s proving very difficult to get reliable information about Salicylate contents of a lot of things so that’s wonderful. Would you also be able to find out the content of some of your other products? being able to just grab a fuel bar etc. would make life so much easier.

Sure we’ll look to test v3.0, Black Edition and the v3.1 Bars.

Hey Dan,

Any update on this? :slight_smile:

Hey, apologies for not getting back to you.

We have looked into this and there are no longer any suitable accredited tests for determining the salicylates in Huel products.

I’d recommend avoiding the coffee, salted caramel and chocolate flavours because they contain actual coffee or chocolate, but you should be fine with cinnamon swirl.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.