Salty snacks

I’ve had huel for breakfast now 5 days a week for 3 and a bit weeks with the occasional duel huel day were I have had it for lunch.

Other than feeling a bit less lethargic, I’ve noticed I now reach for savory (mainly salted) snacks. Previously it would have been a biscuit or cereal bar of sorts.

Not sure if this is my body trying to tell me something?

Either way enjoying my huel so far (unsweetened version can’t stand the taste of the sweetner in the vanilla one) and loving having my extra time in bed in the morning. :grinning:

I experienced exactly the same thing. It went on for quite some time. I started waking in the night with unbelievably painful leg cramps. A blood test showed low sodium. I started adding a tiny pinch of salt to each Huel, leg cramps and savoury cravings disappeared. Follow up blood test due soon. Might not be the same for you, but might be worth a try. Let us know how you get on :wink:

1 Like

I get salt cravings! Generally around 10:30am and often in the afternoon, around 3. I have a Huel for breakfast and a similar type of product for lunch.

I have a pouch of caramel that I find a little too sweet.

I will try adding a pinch of salt to it, but I can’t imagine the idea of ‘salted caramel’ taking off though!

1 Like

My OH, when she was a kid used to eat kitkat and ready salted crisps together apparently. This was well before the invention of salt chocolate, salted caramel etc. She missed a trick not marketing something like that.

2 Likes

I just threw up in my own mouth after reading that! Regurgitated Huel could be the next big thing.

I think it’s called ‘baby birding’.

1 Like

I can imagine salted caramel taking off!