Saw this on reddit, dont recognise the packaging?

Yeah Tristan is correct – you have to be super careful with wording it - for example, “Don’t forget to tag your friends who would like to enter” would be allowed but making it a prerequisite like “Tag a friend to be in with a chance of winning” on the other hand, would be breaking the rules.

1 Like

Final clue is going up today! What do you guys think this new product is at the moment?

Thanks for pointing, we’re all good right now. Criteria is different between Instagram and Facebook for competitions.

that’ll be a no on the Oreos then :smile:

1 Like

I won’t lie, the oreo in the wordsearch was an oversight!

2 Likes

It’s probably for the best. Delicious as they are, they’re basically little lard bombs. I was in the grocery store yesterday and when I passed the freezer cabinet I noticed some Oreo ice cream sandwich bars dipped in Cadbury Dairy Milk or Milka chocolate. I didn’t even know these things existed. I’m pretty sure I just stood there staring for a good 5 minutes. I may have been drooling. It’s hard to say as I was wearing dark colours.

Luckily – seeing drooling, catatonic people in supermarkets is not as uncommon as you might imagine in this country.

1 Like

Not only that but it’s annoying as hell when competitions ask for this. Not a single one of my IRL friends, cyber friends or family like the “tag a friend” thing.

My friends don’t give a single shart about Huel, nor do my family. It’s my interest, a brand I’m personally invested in. Why on Earth do I need to tag someone who’s going to message me saying “Why the hell have you tagged me in that?” continuously, just for some freebies?

Every time a competition has “Share this post!!” or “Tag a friend!!” I pretty much quit straight out. No one wants to be “that guy”.

Totally appreciate the marketing prowess and multiplier effect but damn, wish I could just get every marketing manager on Earth together and write a treaty to stop it.

13 Likes

My best guess given the aubergine emoji is “flaming hot dick”. Does it tie in with don’t be a dick?

4 Likes

Agreed, it’s awful. We get enough ads rammed down our throat without our friends holding our jaws open. “Share this post” is bad enough, but tagging a friend sends them a notification.

A burning sensation? Gonorrhea?

That’s not how you spell Keen-wah.

1 Like

That’s why they changed the rules. The 2020 Facebook Page Guidelines explicitly state: “tag your friends in this post to enter” is not permitted.

Brands can encourage people to tag their friends but can’t make it a requirement… Same is true of asking people to like a page as part of the entry process.

Still happens loads though :frowning:

3 Likes

well, unless everyone in Tring chews their soup, the last competition clue means it ain’t soup :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe it’s really lumpy soup.

So…tomatoey, herby, hot in a spicy way and lumpy. Hmmm :thinking:

Haha hear you loud and clear :rofl: obviously if you don’t want to enter then no worries - we’ve got plenty more useful content. But we really appreciate it’s an awkward thing, that’s why we make our competition prizes great, by either giving away many many prizes or making them super exclusive. I saw a competition from a big brand on Instagram recently and they were giving away 1x $20 voucher with a minimum spend. So stingey.

These competitions we’ll be giving away 120 x 1 month’s supply. 10 years worth of Huel. The month before we gave away 40 selection bundles of one of everything.

When Facebook and Instagram is massively limiting the organic reach of brand pages we need to do what we can to spread the word on social.

What sort of stuff would you prefer to see on social from Huel?

It absolutely is undeniably an INSANE prize and I’d give my left nut for it! (But maybe not tag my friends… Hm… Priorities…)

I think for me it comes down to brands pushing for a level of engagement that is just a step too far. On Facebook for example, when I comment on something my friends will already see that. They’ll see “Phil commented on Huel’s post”. If they’re interested, they’ll read the comment by clicking on the post and that organic reach will occur.

If they’re not interested, they’ll see it and move on without engagement. I don’t like the idea of forcing that engagement onto users by means of tagging it sharing. Especially in an age where that creates an audible notification on someone’s device!

If I tag them, again, they’ll either click on the notification and say “Oh thanks, I saw you comment on this, cool stuff” or they’ll receive the notification and get mildly annoyed. Worst case is an unfriend!

@Tim_Huel For 10 years of Huel I would tattoo the logo on my body!! No jokes!

1 Like

The tattoo hahahaha

2 Likes

Trouble is the friend I annoy by tagging them is not going to be any less annoyed by the fact that it’s a great competition. Any friends who I could potentially tag have already seen me drinking Huel and I’ve already told them about it or given them a sample to try, or shared my discount code with them so my tagging wouldn’t reach anyone new to the brand.

The friends I have that aren’t interested in Huel it would be pointless to tag as it would piss them off.

I really don’t think the Share/Tag a friend thing works at all and it just stops me from entering competitions or engaging with content.

6 Likes

Content. How about a livestream for cooking with Huel. Follow along cookies or something :wink:

Tim doing Karaoke while pelted with Huel bars.

1 Like