So I tried Mana

Right, forgot that.

I’ve been looking at the brand of oatmeal that I eat. Each portion comes on an individual sachet of what seems to be wax paper. It’s incredibly hard to open (thus damage), its environmentally friendly and very practical to toss in a satchel on the way out the door. Although the spoon with measurements for 100 calories would be better.

Problem is, everyone’s idea of a portion will be slightly different. I have two scoops for breakfast, three if I have Huel for lunch. Ready portioned sizes would drive me nuts. So what would you do - have bagged portions in scoop sizes? That would be tremendously wasteful. And waxed (or any other type of coated) paper is not environmentally friendly - it can’t be recycled.

(And yes, I know the oatmeal you mean - that annoys me too as their portion size is way too much for me!)

3 Likes

Didn’t know this. Scratch my idea.

I’d say the metal spoon with markers for each 100 calories would still be the best bet. It’s big, heavy and sturdy, gives you exact measurements and looks good.

1 Like

Have to admit, I wouldn’t mind a metal spoon. Would be happy to buy it as an added extra instead of the free plastic scoop though to keep costs down for those who weren’t fussed.

1 Like

"Whati if wanted 500 cals?"
Did you notice that you didn’t manage to answer your question using Huel’s scoop?

1 Like

Agreed!

Dont be changing the scoop size! =]

Maybe Huel could hire a personal butler for each customer to follow you round with your Huel and prepare the exact amount you need at a moment’s notice.

5 Likes

I started the spoon discussion because my butler complained.

2 Likes

I think a metal scoop that could fit 200 calories per scoop is a brilliant idea. I would buy 2 immediately. One for work and one for home.

I think the current scoop given for free is horrible and I am using a standard desiliter meter. The scoop is too small and the I get my hands full of powder when using it.

It’s worth noting (and I’m really surprised that no one has mentioned this already) that powder will become more compact during shipping, and it is next to impossible to guarantee it will always be of the same density for every customer who orders by the time it reaches them. As such, the best a scoop can be is an inaccurate approximation of Calorie content, so marking a scoop with different Calorie levels is never going to be particularly ideal.

We already have a scoop, we’re talking about replacing it with another. Given what you’re saying we’d need a whole new way of measuring Huel.

1 Like

The only way of really being accurate is scales unfortunately, which isn’t ideal for convenience. The new bags may aid this as well due to having fewer servings per bag.

I would love a better scoop than the one we have to be honest. how many 38g scoops you need isn’t the easiest metric to calculate in your head

1 Like

Can’t believe no-one has yet to point out that a 100 cal spoon is better than both…

1 Like

Also, for those struggling with working out how much Huel to use… howmuchhuel.com :wink:

3 Likes

For £8 we could give away scales which are far superior. You get accurate measurements (scoops vary by a few grams) and allow you to go up in increments of 1g not 200g.

2 Likes

how is it giving away if youre charging £8 lol

£8 is a rip off too

considering you would be bulk buying them you would probably get them for like £2.50 each, why do you expect over 200% profit on them ?

here are scales on amazon delivered for £3.49 if anyone wants scales

1 Like

It should be pretty obvious that the price of the scales will depend on the quality. The majority of half-decent kitchen scales fall between £10 and £20.

1 Like

scoops that require no maths are much more convenient than scales

More convenient but less accurate. That’s why scales are being discussed at all.