Huel V3.0 and the new scoop

I have to say, I am personally quite impressed with the new Huel v3.0. It seems smoother with a nicer taste. I am undecided on the new scoop though. I like how it is wider at the top than at the bottom as this means the Huel comes out of the scoop very easily without needing to tap or shake it out like with the previous scoop. On the one hand it should technically take less time to make your Huel with the bigger scoop, as you know only need 2 scoops instead of 3, which you would think would cut out some of the preparation time. However, due to how easily the Huel falls out of the new scoop due to its shape, every time I tip a scoop of Huel into the container it splashes water back and it gets on the scoop, meaning you have to clean and dry the scoop before putting it back into the bag for your second scoop lest you get moisture in the Huel bag, which can be disastrous. I think I would prefer a scoop that holds the same amount as the new one, but perhaps shaped similarly to the old one, more cylindrical than conical, to stop the Huel falling out so fast that it makes a mess. What are you guys’ thoughts on this?

1 Like

@ChristinaT - I stand corrected :slight_smile:

There was some discussion on this on the forum as most people received a larger version of the previous scoop leading to the possibility the conical one was an urban myth. No idea why there are two types in circulation.

Woohoo! :laughing::rofl:
I love to win. Even if it is just at something as daft as scoopgate6 :crazy_face:

I’m divided on the scoops, I have both shapes and the conical is definitely more accurate if you want it instead of scales.
And the straight one is less messy as @cocershay suggests.

@cocershay I got a new large straight edge scoop for some reason instead of the new large conical one.
I think the conical one is the ‘official’ new scoop as this is the shape depicted on the bags.
But they have been sending out large straight edge ones too - like you’re asking for.
If you email them you might be able to get one, or at least log your feedback that you’d prefer it.

I find that either scoop will create a splash effect however, unless I scoop half at a time and tip it in gently. It’s annoying getting water in the scoop and then risk getting damp inside the bag when you go in for your second serving…

I’ve never had splashback with the straight-edged scoop. I don’t overfill it and compact the powder, because I use a scale. The powder is loose and cascades into the shaker like a gentle snowfall.

These fancy aerodynamic scoops sound like a bloody menace.

This is the key really!

1 Like

I store mine in the fridge just because its the easiest/safest thing to do here in the tropics - so the powder gets easier to manage by default snd sticks together more - therefore I am untouched by the traumas of #scoopgate :slight_smile:

If it sticks together, doesn’t that make the problem worse? Won’t it fall into the shaker like a toddler doing a bellyflop?

1 Like

a 50g toddler - but like you, I use scales and add it directly to the water in the blender jug

2 Likes

Bloody hell, here we go again!!
It never ceases to amaze me how you guys get so much mileage out of talking about a scoop. Very entertaining though in a weird way :joy:

3 Likes

Join usssssssss! How do you feel about your scoop? Do you ever find yourself lying awake at night, worrying that your scoop isn’t as good as it could possibly be? Is your scooping technique up to par? What if scoops were, like, made of cork or marble or something? If a scoop scoops in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound?

1 Like

Where’s @hunzas lately? He normally loves joining in scoop talk

He probably fell into his scoop and because of the straight sides he is unable to climb out. We need scoops with stepped sides to prevent needless deaths like this.

2 Likes

I fear I may be hunted down and imprisoned but I don’t actually always use a scoop, I tend to just use a measuring cup as it fits more in and I usually get there with one scoop. If it’s a few grams over I don’t see it as a disaster and I move on with my day. If it’s a little under I just grab a little more. If I spill a little powder or get a big splash of water I don’t crumple in to an emotional heap on the floor. I just power through. I think I might be unhinged!

4 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

I have my own non huel scoop which holds 50g pretty much accurately…and as i use it to add to my shaker on scales I am happy with it. It does sometimes need tapping to release its contents but not messy.

You’re dead to me.

Is that legal? And does Huel still work correctly without the manufacturer approved scoop? Don’t you realise that you may be using substandard equipment that voids your Huel warranty?

3 Likes

Never had a problem with splashback here, possibly you need to experiment to optimise the height from which you empty the scoop into the liquid.

I am however interested in how to avoid the fine powder static shower on lifting the scoop out of the bag. It’s like I can see tiny particles of Huel making a break for freedom as soon as I unseal it. They dance across my worksurface like a miniature snowstorm. Some flavours seem to be worse than others, notably banana.

3 Likes

Dancing bananas are a hidden danger in the kitchen and one not to be taken lightly.

1 Like

Just tap your scoop against a radiator pipe. The metal, not a painted section. This will ground the scoop and discharge the static. You will also look like a proper loon.

(I have no idea if this would actually work in this case. It’s useful when doing delicate electronic work to discharge static from your body.)

Be a maverick and break free from the shackles of your official Huel scoops. My bigger measuring cup means only one lift from the bag!
Granted I sometimes get it wrong and drop it everywhere but it’s all part of the fun right?!
I will back away from this debate now as I appear to have been drawn into a discussion about a plastic scoop, damn it!!

4 Likes