Sproud cough cough *ripoff*

Wow. This popped up in my FB feed: https://www.sproud.co.uk/the-brand

The branding and proposition is so like Huel, I had to got check if it’s from the same company!

Aside from their lack of marketing budget to come up with their own design, anyone tried it?

It’s nothing like Huel at all.
It’s simply a plant-milk similar to many others.
Lots of vegan milk substitutes use various plants as a base: Coconut, Oat, Soya, Hemp, Almond. This one simply uses pea protein and oat as well as the usual water and oil.

As for the black and white packaging / branding - it doesn’t look that similar in my opinion. Loads of brands use a combination of black and white as their brand colours.
I like the stripes :grin:

2 Likes

Yep, new brand of plant milk. Reckon I’ll stick with Alpro or Oatly for now though.

1 Like

Nah. they look/are nothing alike.

Sproud should stand out a bit on shelves but that design doesn’t really scream health.

Have you seen how many places stock them? Doesn’t look like they’re short a marketing budget.

Oatly in huel is so so so good!

2 Likes

There is a lot of pea milk around now. It’s this year’s big thing. A tad expensive.

I was a bit disconcerted when I went to the cafe and the waiter said “would you like oat milk in your coffee, or pea?”

2 Likes

To pea or not to pea? That is the question.

2 Likes

That’s another Shakesphere quote…

1 Like

I’m not sproud

1 Like

I like my sprouts

I found some Sproud pea milk in my local Co-Op this morning. I bought a carton of the Barista one for my coffee (I normally have it black but occasionally fancy a latte and normally use Oatly Barista for that).

What’s the verdict on it John ?
Since you recommended Oatly barista I’ve been addicted to it for my morning coffee (and a splash in my huel)

2 Likes

Not used it yet…I had my usual black coffee today.

When I do have it…won’t be today…I will let you know. Similar price to Oatly Barista. Didn’t realise but it is Swedish too. There is another brand for sale in Sainsbury’s called Mighty Society. I like the packaging, it is UK based and a small start up company…alas as it cost about 60p a litre more I didn’t get it.

3 Likes

Look forward to hearing what you think of it.

1 Like

I honestly can’t tell the difference between oatly regular and oatly barista. Aside from the tiny carton and different label of course.

1 Like

To me the barista version tastes better than the regular if heated or steamed.
When added cold they both taste very similar. The barista one is perhaps slightly creamier but I like both equally if I’m just adding it to coffee or to huel.
In my shop they both come in that same size carton and cost the same

2 Likes

Yes, not sure what you mean by different size carton. Both litre. Never seen Oatly in a different size apart from the 250ml cream.

To me Barista is totally different to the regular. Much creamier, thicker and doesn’t taste thin in coffee. I only use it in latte and it froths up as it should.

I realise I didn’t word mine very well. I meant that the barista heats / steams / foams well, but the regular does not. The regular tastes a bit weird if you heat it up imo.

2 Likes

Oh, I understood what you meant, but to me the taste and texture of cold Oatly vs Barista is quite different. Not in something like Huel, but on its own.

Oh ok. I’ve actually not tried it completely on its own. I’m not really one to drink plant milk in a glass and don’t eat cereal so I’ve only used it in coffee, hot chocolate and huel.
The regular one foams up really well for hot chocolate / latte but tastes a bit odd when heated

2 Likes