Starting with Huel 100% & Intermittent Fasting

Hi everyone :raising_hand_woman:t3:

How are you al doing?

I am starting 100% Huel today. I got the Huel Powder Gluten Free.
A year ago I tried the bars and thought they are great. I honestly want to add these to my Huel 100%, but can’t. They are not low FODMaP.

I’m not only doing this just for weight loss (which will be a bonus), I have severe IBS and esophageal cramps/spasms. I can’t eat a lot of regular specific foods without having pain. So I thought of replacing meals with Huel, first 100% and then only breakfast and lunch, in combination with 16/8 Intermittent Fasting.

Is there anyone else have experience with this?
I am still figuring out whether to use the scoops or weight the powder.

:blush:

1 Like

I have severe IBS and esophageal cramps/spasms

If you find you still have some issues when having Huel, try the Unflavored/Unsweetened version - some people report having better outcomes. I’ve been eating the U/U powder and it is great, although I do not have IBD/IBS or any other issues.

16/8 Intermittent Fasting

I’ve done 16/8, 20/4, and now for the longest time 23/1 (OMAD) intermittent fasting with Huel, because I don’t want to spend time eating and just want to get it over with. It works, just like it would work with any other food. I haven’t tried alternate day fasting because I don’t think I could easily eat 4000kcal of Huel in a day, and I don’t think it would bring me any benefits given that I am already perfectly healthy with no issues that I would need to try to fix. A few times over the years there were days when I did not eat anything at all, and I still survived just fine.

I am still figuring out whether to use the scoops or weight the powder.

Weighing the powder will always be more accurate, so that can be a good thing if you have a specific goal in mind. I always measure out the mass of my Huel powder. On the other hand, the scoop can be faster, and will get the job done if you simply want to eat Huel as a food. Try it all out and see what you prefer.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’m now trying the Coffee & Chocolate Gluten Free. Sofar so good, but it’s only day one. But I put the U/U on the next order.

16/8 will probably the easiest to do for me right now. I never eat breakfast only drinking coffee in the morning. The only difficulty will be the evenings because I have irregular working hours. Maybe in the future I will be able to do a longer fasting. Baby steps.

About scoops or weighing, I thinking about prepping the meals by weighing.

I also think you should weigh you Huel. I put the shaker with 300ml water om the scale and zero it, and then shovel in Huel until it reaches the target weight (75-100 grams for me). It’s basically as quick as only measuring with scoops, but so much more accurate.

Good luck with your health and your Huel!

1 Like

Thanks. I have weight it this morning. I do two scoops instead of three. Next to my health problems I do want to lose some weight. With two scoops my scale says 74 grams. I’m going to prep the powder in advanced so it’s easier with my irregular working hours. I easily can skip a meal & eating too much the next.