The Ultimate Huel Recipe Compilation

For the record, I would never suggest this as “healthy” but it was delicious. So there is a dairy not terribly far from me that my family normally gets staples from (milk, cheese, cream, etc.) So like normal they started making Egg Nog recently for the upcoming holiday demand. I saw a half gallon of it in the fridge this morning and the gears in my head started turning. So…

35 G Huel 3.0 Vanilla
35 G Huel Black Peanut Butter
Liberal Dash of Cinnamon
1 Cup Fresh Egg Nog
2 Cups Cashew Milk

The result was more delicious than any milkshake I have ever had in my life. It was absolutely exquisite. I am glad my wife and our 2 kids are likely to polish the stuff off quickly, as I don’t need any more Egg Nog lying around.

2 Likes

How do you like the Black Peanut Butter?

@Phil_C I like it, but it is not something I could drink daily. It does not have the mix in versatility of other flavors either. But a couple of times a week when I am needing to get my peanut butter fix, it hits the spot.

I guess - but you could try it with adding either chocolate, strawberry, gingerbread, apple & cinnamon or berry flavour boosts too.

So most recipes only work for regular powder but not Black Edition?

Well, not all has to be healthy. My B&J Huel shake is not healthy either, but it’s delish.

:slight_smile:

Regarding the baking ones I don’t know, because I haven’t used HB for it, and I don’t know if it will behave the same way (having less carbs).

As for the smoothies, I think almost all of them can work with Huel Black. I’m just personally not the biggest fan of Black, because I think it tastes too strongly of pea; thus I try to hide it by mixing with sweeter/stronger flavours.

The better way of phrasing it is, most recipes have been designed with Huel Powder on mind, but can work with both.

Not so much that, it’s just that the peanut butler has a pretty bold flavor profile. If you mix it up by itself it literally tastes like drinking a shaker full of Jiff. It tends to overpower anything else I mix in with it.

Though as @Phil_C suggests I probably need to do some more experimenting with it. Don’t get me wrong, I love having it in my Arsenal (like most Americans I love anything peanut butter) but it just does not have the same utility to me as something like vanilla or chocolate.

What I don’t like at black edition is the use of steviol instead of sucralose…but now that you mention it the strange aftertaste might also be due to its main protein source.

So I guess you don’t like unflavoured/unsweetened? Most recipes use that one…

I get where you’re coming from on that but I think for some recipes that won’t really matter. Today I made a large multi-meal batch of Portobello Stroganoff and instead of using cream, I made up a batch of Black UU and pea milk. It worked a treat – very creamy texture and the spices in the recipe totally masked its taste. As it was only added in the simmering stage, probably not too much damage to its nutrients either.

2 Likes

That looks lovely Phil. It’s making my mouth water.

1 Like