Time spend "drinking" a meal?

hello everybody!
I’ll recieve my huel package in a few days and I was wondering how much time do you guys spend having a meal:
-do you chug it down or do you sip it, and if so, how long do you spend doing so? Do you multitask while eating?

I’m asking because apparently it takes 10-15 minutes for the brain to register if we’re satiated or not, and as i’m looking to loose weight, i want to obviously try to reduce cravings and increase the time i can spend without eating.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Chug it down as quickly as possible, usually.

2 Likes

Depends with me, if I am in a rush I chug it down but if I am just relaxing I take my time and enjoy it.

1 Like

There is two things to consider here:

1. Time while drinking.
  2. Do you take time to eat and relax from what you are doing or not.

Regarding the first, I like to take a while (aka not 1 minute) with mine, just so I have a sensation that I have eaten. A reward sensation that it doesn’t end too quickly and feels dissapointing. However, if you are not big fan of eating (in general) or Huel flavour, drinking fast is the way to go.

Looking at the second point, this is more about mind health. Are the 10 minutes that you will spend drinking your Huel so important that you cannot take you mind off what you are doing and dedicate it to eat? Would it not be better if you take a break, go for a walk or relax?

Obviously this depends on what you are doing, but I wanted to add it up as food for thought.

2 Likes

I always sip it slowly while binge watching, I like to enjoy it and relax…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I sip mine over a period of maybe 15-20 minutes. I reckon if I just gulped it down I’d have digestive issues. I put 400ml of water, 2 scoops (50/50 Vanilla/Unflavoured), blend or shake, top up to 700ml. I certainly feel as though I’ve had a meal by the end of it!

2 Likes

30 mins to an hour, not in a hurry, because I do different flavours I want to enjoy them, plus I don’t enjoy the cold straight from the fridge so start with sipping

Always have my shake and a cup of tea after - breakfast its herbal tea and lunchtime its brown tea (normal with milk xD)

1 Like

Anytime between 15 minutes and an hour…occasionally quicker if I am in a hurry to be somewhere

1 Like

Usually I’m a sipper, but if it’s Mint-Chocolate or Mocha flavoured it barely touches the sides!

3 Likes

I’m also a sipper - my breakfast Huel normally comes out of the fridge around 9am and I’m done with it 11am - it’s pretty thick though so feels like meal (Berry Huel, banana and berries).

1 Like

Make 10 seconds
Shake 5 seconds
Consume 5 seconds
Done !

2 Likes

Timewaster.

5 Likes

I don’t rush it, but I do like it cold out of the fridge, so I doubt I take longer than about five minutes to drink a mix.

As for multi-tasking, I might watch something online, or have the radio on, but that’s the extent of it. Often, I just sip in silence - I like the Buddhist way of mindful eating (as well as mindful everything else).

1 Like

I like to dim the lights, put on some soft jazz and light a few candles while I gently sip my healthy beverage

5 Likes

I like my Huel as smooth as you are.

2 Likes

That’s pretty damn smooth my man!

3 Likes

Breakfast - drink over about 20 minutes whilst watching youtube. Gets me ready for my cycle to work.
Lunch - Drink over about 20 minutes whilst chatting to co-workers, or wearing headphones and ignoring everyone whilst playing hearthstone depending upon my mood.

But yeah, I find it goes down easier and is ore enjoyable over a little time.

2 Likes

You could say I take sips. Well, a sip. I inhale Huel in one go

I’m a ‘sipper’ ( takes me about an hour to drink a 3 scooper lol) usually unless I’ve just come back from the gym… then it gets inhaled :laughing:

1 Like

I drink it as fast as I can, you should include a nasogastric tube with huel that would help LOL