V3 clumping

looks at you suspiciously
Which is it? Somerset or Wiltshire? Surely you are too young to have been affected by the great Avon/Somerset/Wiltshire boundary changes of 1990?
Declare your true allegiance man!

(Wiltshire born and bred here - born in Trowbridge and grew up in Chippenham. Fortunately although I can still slip into the accent the rhyme doesn’t apply:
I carnt read and I carnt write but that don’t really matter,
Cos I come from the West Country and I can drive a trattor) :joy::joy:

I’m Welsh, went to school in Brizzle, worked and lived all over the world and then snuck under the border into Kernow whilst no one was looking.

Well, it’s all Celtic innit! Even the language is almost the same!

I used to drink in a pub called the Crown in Trowbridge…dunno if it is still there. Rough as hell, think there was a fight most nights.

Thick in the arm, thick in the head,
I’ll drink scrumpy til oim dead.

1 Like

That’s most of Trowbridge to be fair. The pubs were all mostly tied to the local brewery - Ushers. You could smell the brewery in most parts of town until it closed down.

1 Like

Bit like Bridgwater then, very rough although the malodour was due to the cellophane factory which one could smell anywhere in the town.

When people say I’m Bridgwater born and bred, what they are really saying is Bridgwater born inbred.

Trowbridge stank of beer and sausages. Home of Ushers brewery and Bowyers Meat. I only found out a lot later that when Ushers closed in 2000 they sold all of the brewery kit to North Korea and it became the state owned brewery of Kim Jong-Il.

I knew it was home to Ushers but not Bowyers, although funny story from my youth is getting a lift from a Bowyers van when I was hitching back to Shepton Mallet from Frome. I was vegan even back then but a lift is a lift, and the driver was friendly enough if I recall.

Anyway I’ve not taken much note of Bowyers of late but see the Trowbridge factory closed in 2007.

The Huel forum really helps people to nourish their minds as well as Huel does their bodies.

Well, I’m screwed! I get a pretty high ratio of lumps to water even with the “smooth” v2.3 so I’m sure when I eventually change to the lumpier v3 I’m probably going to be all lump and no smoothness!

I’m new to Huel and I am also finding that it is clumping. I am going to try a few of these suggestions and see what works best. Tomorrow will be attempting to blend the drink. I’m a fussy eater and the lumps are making me gag but I do like the flavour. Currently on chocolate with a hint of salted caramel

1 Like

if you are going to be blending you will have no issues at all - just follow the same procedure as if you were shaking - liquid first powder last.

1 Like

:laughing: I moved around a lot, but it was generally home in Wiltshire and school in Somerset, so will stay on the fence! I know Trowbridge (Trow-vegas we called it) well though, one of my first jobs was there.

For both of you it might be worth blending or leaving in the fridge!

1 Like

Tried blending and it has made it much smoother and drinkable. Thanks for the suggestion, next one will be trying it in the fridge as I am hoping to make two up in the morning and take one pre made to work- when we are allowed to return to the office, this meaning I can go for a walk on my lunch break instead

1 Like

I have done both in my time, and the lumps do disappear, but part of my reason for using Huel is the convenience of being able to shake and eat within 30 seconds and the only washing up is the shaker! The beauty is in the lack of preparation :joy:

Without wanting to appear as though I am on commission from nutri ninja it is quicker than using a shaker and has an equal if not less amount of washing up. The fact it gives a better end result makes it a no brainer for me.

2 Likes

Also not on commission but have to agree, I have a Ninja and it is excellent. I can blend up my Huel, pop it in the fridge and then re-blend with ice when I am ready to drink without having to decant into another container/blender jug each time.

1 Like

Is there less clumping with Huel Black edition?