V3 clumping

Haha me too. I treated myself to a stainless steel one. It’s a beauty.

1 Like

makes note “JP thinks he’s classier than me with his posh stainless steel!*

:wink:

2 Likes

I had a major issue with a bag of Huel shaking up into a clumpy mess and two things helped: Always using the ice guard and giving the (closed!) bag a really good shake before you use it. Sometimes the powders settle in transit I guess. :man_shrugging:t3:

Anyways solved the problem for me :muscle:t2:

I notice a big difference if I leave the shaker in the fridge for a few hours. If I drink a shake immediately after making it, there are always a few lumps floating around.

This image is freaking me out because the 5.5 cm line is shorter than the 4.5 cm line.

1 Like

Can show it to us? I am interested

I do too. I use one of the pint glasses that I borrowed from my local pub, saves buying them.

1 Like

Are you irish? Hahaha

1 Like

Oiz more of a Scrumpy cider sort of fella, me babber.

3 Likes

I have a couple of Rattler glasses acquired in a similar manner (I live next door to a pub as it happens, remarkable coincidence really) but my huel drinks are bigger than the glass which sets my ocd levels off, hence purchasing the oversized ones!

1 Like

My Huel drinks are about a cm from the top of the glass. I couldn’t drink more Huel than that in one go. Beer on the other hand…I’m not a massive fan of scruffy cider to be honest. I’m a disgrace to bumpkins.

I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed.

1 Like

I’m disappointed that the spellcheck changed SCRUMPY to scruffy. I would edit it, but it is quite amusing. People who drink scrumpy round here are quite scruffy.

Where I live in Marazion it’s not too bad, some nice pubs do some good local scrumpy.

Ten minutes up the road is Penzance which is essentially a feral infested cesspit of humanity.

The local ‘spoons is worse than the cantina in Mos Eisley and they sell Old Rosie and Black Dragon among others very cheaply. I mean for the same effect you might as well just drink a pint of wine.

Behold it’s magnificence!

In honesty I’m not being flash, it serves a purpose. I only like drinking Huel when it’s really cold. I prepare the night before and often have one when I get to work which is around an hour commute. Having this means it stays nice and cold until I get there. Like @Talort I have a few of the regular plastic ones which I use for when I’m at home so I can always have at least one sitting in the fridge ready.

1 Like

Marazion is probably a good place to live - not sure about the Grockles in the summer; I’m thinking of moving to Devon or Cornwall at some point; in fact already tried to a few years ago.

Thanks for all your feedback guys, definitely something we’re keeping a firm eye on and working on improving.

Absolutely. The smoother consistency comes from the addition of tapioca flour, which reduced the graininess massively. We’re working on clumping too (always), damn those nutritious oats!

A few of you have said here:

• Use the ice barrier
  • Ball can help
  • Chilling/blending will resolve it
  • Shake it really really really hard for 10 seconds. If you’ve shaken protein shakes before then forget what you know because you need to pretend you’re a cocktail waiter shaking a sour!

Pretty sure there’s gonna be a waiting list at some point, everyone I know wants to move down south west. I’m from Somerset/Wiltshire, so that’s definitely the goal!

@Talort @jp_mcdougall Ooh which ones did you both get? I am drinking out of my plastic Nutri Ninja cup like a savage. I also want to get a wide reusable straw if anyone has any recommendations - I have a thin metal one but ice gets clogged in it!

I just use the 650ml plastic cups when I’m at home. I bought a couple of extras so I can make some up and put them in the fridge. I down my Huel though so I just neck it, I’m not too fussed what it’s in to be honest! Might need to try a yard of Huel sometime!
I have the stainless steel one if I’m out and about and want to keep it cold as I mentioned earlier in the thread. I don’t think £15 is too bad seeing as I use it a couple of times everyday.

I only use the plastic cups then pour them into large glasses I found on amazon. I don’t go out and about yet so no need for the steel but I am mightily tempted now having seen how good JP’s cup looks. Sleek af

1 Like

blender bottle (tritan) have a curved base to the shaker (internally) . it mixes better. v good shaker. very solid. the buchsteiner is good but its not solid, it can squeeze so sometimes uts not screwed tight at the lid. and the base is flat.