Weight Loss Journey - Journey of a fat man

i’ve been reading your blog! so inspiring to see how determined you are to be healthier :smile: please continue to update thank you!

I will do my best :slight_smile: thanks for reading we all need support from time to time

Stayed the same this week bit disappointed feel like I am doing it wrong. Or maybe the huel isn’t the right way switching to just huel for lunch for a while toast or porridge for breakfast smaller evening meal … Calories are low but don’t really feel hungry. I am.going to step.up the exercise see if that helps.

Weight loss won’t always be linear. There will be weeks you stay the same, maybe even go up slightly.

If you stay the same weight for 2-3 weeks though it’s time to recalculate, either knock another couple of hundred calories off your intake or increase your exercise, like you are going to do. Good luck!

Personally when I started with Huel I found having a meal every day led to too much temptation and I found myself making up for being good in the day - often also led to some sort of supper and also involved alcohol more often than was good for me. Take the plunge, set yourself a calorie per day target based on what you want to lose a week, get some kitchen scales, weigh the Huel and go 100%. Or 100% plus Sunday or Saturday dinner. That way you know exactly what you are consuming and what to expect. I went for 1 Kilo per week and that pretty much is what it’s averaged out at - though slowed to almost nothing now…

This might help : The Mathematical Diet

Hi, Just a little update on whats been going on.

Hope everyone’s journey is progressing well.

Keep on keeping on. My own trek begins tomorrow.

I would have started today but I failed to plan and was 150 miles away from my supplies. I guess I should order some bars as well then…

Hi!
I also started taking Huel to lose weight - it hasn’t been too easy for me though I must confess. I started having 400ml of water with 4 scoops of Huel, as I was too hungry with only 3 scoops.

Consistency is better like this, not so hungry - I also aim to eat something every 3h so I don’t get too hungry - Huel in the morning with 200ml of milk and 200ml of water and a banana to make it consistent. Then I have an apple or some fruit. Then Huel at lunch (same formula as in the morning, but an apple in the mix). After 3h I usually have a yoghurt.

At evenings I have a regular meal.

I am using the app MyFitnessPal and it’s quite helpful! I have been taking too many calories to lose weight, but if I lower to 3 scoops I feel hungry.

I might try and make the mix with 3 scoops and make it thicker - I’m just trying to get used to Huel. My body keeps telling me it’s hungry, even though it shouldn’t be!

Has this happened to you too @danielfisher13?

I am very overweight and I can’t stand too much exercise yet - I try and walk 40min per day, however with the festive season things went a bit pear shaped.

Keep up the good works! :slight_smile:

I sometimes will take a pouch in my car and buy a bottle of water from a shop and use the shaker ( this is an extreme case. I don’t like using the shaker I prefer using a blender.) Glad to have another one on board it’s a great product and simplifies the food problem

Hi, Pepper.

OK there a few ways to make it thicker but use less.
the best tip is to blend it I use a Kenwood smoothie maker they are £14
so put in 500ml of water add flavourings if you want to … Nesquik or the ones from Huel work well or drinking chocolate.
blend for 30 seconds or so. Pop it in the fridge overnight or for a few hours and you will have a nice thick shake that makes you feel fuller as it’s more like food. its also worth noting that it helps if you chew your Huel … that sounds odd but it seems to be a little trick that works for me and there is post on the forums talking about “Chewing Your Huel”

what are you snacking on in the morning and afternoons? I find fruit help or rice crackers as they are low calorie and also they are savoury, sometimes all the sweet will make you feel a bit queasy.

as for exercise walking is perfect I do about 3 - 4 miles on sat and Sunday and about 2 on a weekday.
of course, I have a dog and it makes it easier, other options that work for me as well in regards walking, try audio books as they distract you from the fact you are walking.

If you have any more questions let me know and if I can help I will. :smiley: good luck

+1 for blender, so much nicer to drink than using the shaker bottle.

Bought some apples tonight as I managed to finally get out the supermarket, which itself is amazing, no bread to go stale or crisps to tempt me, so I can have a midmorning snack as I was starting to get hungry a little earlier than I like to have lunch.

Week one has gone well so far, looking good for the long haul! Thanks for all the encouragement and inspiration, Daniel.

1 Like

Anytime, I am just about to write my first blog post in a little while.
Apples are great they are the right amount of sweet , I will leave the rest for my post :wink:

Hey danielfisher13!

Thank you for your reply! I will give it a go with a new blender - mine is an active blend and I almost broke it with 4 scoops of Huel! :slight_smile:

I usually snack an apple 3h after breakfast, and then I snack a yoghurt 3h after lunch to avoid getting extremely hungry!

Thanks for the tips, I’ll give it a go!

How’s things going with you?

Keep up the good work!

here is my latest blog entry this will give you an idea as to how its been going.

try the fridge trick before getting a new blender … mine didnt like 600ml and 3 scoops :wink:

2 Likes

Mine is a cheap one from the local supermarket (Sainsburys) I have an issue with it sometimes. I have found starting with 3/4 water in first, add the scoops, quick shake and then blend so it has a bit of space, then top up with remaining water.

Hi danielfisher13!

Thank you for your advice - I’ve done what you suggested and it’s been
going great! Thank you!

I red your blog - I know it’s a tough spot to be in, but keep up the meds
and keep powering through.

My dad weighted 140kg (308lb) and he had diabetes and was in very high
risk. It has been 2 years, he managed to control the weight and no more
diabetes - he is now at 90kg (198lb). He hasn’t had this weight since he
was 30 (he’s now 67 years old).

It’s like he keeps telling me- don’t try and rush it and keep it up.
Keeping the same weight is great, losing some is awesome!

Keep up the great work, and helping us all with your sharing!

I’ll keep updating as well :wink:

X
Joana

Hello all lost 2kgs. Thanks for the info from your dad good to know that there is a light at the end of a sugar free tunnel :grinning:

2 Likes