What is your wishlist for Huel?

keto / lchf (up to 20g of carbs per day)

1 Like
  1. Low Carb, moderate fat, high protein formula, PLEASE!!
    2.Always have an unsweetened and unflavoured option that is gluten free!
  2. Change Flaxseeds for chia seeds!
  3. Added Digestive Enzymes and Vegan Probiotic blends!
  4. Please always be vegan and no added sugars or sweeteners!
  5. Organic version please!
1 Like

My 2017 wishlistā€¦

Keto / ultra low carb Huel.

Bring back the metal branded bottles

And the big one, yes I know this goes against minimal environmental impact via packaging, but whateverā€¦ :wink:

Huel ready to drink

That could be problematic because chia absorb up to 11 times their weight in water.

100% Food used chia and tasted lovely, but if you didnā€™t drink it quickly you got a mass of sludge at the bottom of the bottle. Thick sludge, thicker than a thick yoghurt.

1 Like

@kitchristie thank you for the suggestions.

May I ask why you want ā€œLow Carb, moderate fat, high protein formulaā€.

1 Like
  • Reduce the iron content of Huel. 2,000kcal has well over the upper limit. People have argued that phytic acid will reduce bioavailability but there are many factors that influence absorption such as vitamin C (Huel is high) and microbiome.
  • Reduce the manganese content. Similarly, for a 3,000kcal diet Huel has over the upper limit of manganese.
  • Increase the folate and potassium contents.
  • Ensure Huel has at least a minimal amount of boron.
  • Provide pre-flavoured Huel. This removes effort and mess.

I donā€™t want an organic version ā€“ not aware of any real benefits and seems mostly quackery. Iā€™m also sceptical about digestive enzymes and probiotics. Probiotics may ferment Huel if itā€™s left in the fridge.

1 Like
  1. +1 here for a MUCH lower iron content. Itā€™s almost laughable the amount of iron in Huel. The US version of Huelā€™s iron content looks far, far better. The reason this is justified - more people in the UK suffer from haemochromatosis (i.e. too much iron) than iron deficiencies.

2. More flavour pouch options - Iā€™d be tempted with something like ā€˜Coconutā€™ (on its own).

3. Better mixability. The only way I can get all of the lumps out of Huel is if I used a blender. The shaker will only get rid of 80% of them, as Huel is susceptible to sticking to the side of the shaker.

4. A fully organic version - Iā€™d be tempted by this even at a premium.

5. Following on from point 4 - replacing the refined/processed base ingredients with real foods. Again, I would consider paying a small premium for this (perhaps an extra Ā£10).

Other than that, I think Huel is fantastic. I genuinely feel better and healthier after 2 or 3 Huel shakes.

2 Likes

Mentioned in another thread, but compressed Huel in blocks (similar to dishwasher tablets).

Iā€™d have them in 250 or 500kcal blocks that I could chuck in a blender and mix as usual.

Would make storage easier :wink:

Although I have my own solution (small plastic bags and plastic clip seal) I would appreciate branded small screw top jars/containers for 3 scoops of huel so I can carry my meals conveniently when travelling.

@Julian 18 months later and pretty much wshes come true.

Would still like the vest though :slight_smile:

Thank you, great to see Huels growth, bow

2 Likes

Chocolate and Coconut flavour pack

2 Likes

Free delivers to Europe if the order is above x amount.

Please do that! as brexit is coming and a lot of foreigners probably will have to leave the country soon :innocent:

well jokes apart would be really competitive by having free delivers as some others companies like the french clone version of huel & others,

I love your product and I would like to keep buying it even though if I go back home some day.

3 Likes

@srjuanjo good idea, thank you.

3 Likes

Ī™ second that. I make huge orders (>400 pounds) just to offset a bit the shipping costs. And it feels very heavy in my pockets so there are times whithout Huel for me because savingsā€¦

2 Likes

I third that ! Like @bogn, I order in big amounts and am sometimes put back from re-stocking because of the shipping costsā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m really against thisā€¦ One of the reasons I love huel is itā€™s sustainability impact. The bars are bad enough on the environment as it is ! I know it would be quite complicated to change the packaging for the bars, but cā€™mon, please donā€™t let your laziness (a few minutes a day to prepare your Huel) have that big of an impact :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still probably less wasteful than standard food. Perfect is the enemy of good. If you donā€™t want it, donā€™t buy it!

That said, just pre-mixing the flavour would make Huel way easier!

2 Likes

Of course, I get your point. And of course it would be better than a pre-packed meal that could contain twice the plastic. I was just stating and justifying my opinion. Huel takes part in a lot of things I believe in: veganism, good diet and sustainability. For me, Huel is also about making a positive change in how and what we consume, and a bottled drink would go against that, in my opinion.

itā€™s not just laziness :wink:

Iā€™d quite like to be able to buy Huel in shops when Iā€™m out and about for one and there are plenty of other good use cases for ready bottled - and no reason the packaging couldnā€™t be recyclable or sustainably sourced.

1 Like

My latest huge order arrived yesterday. Additional issues with huge orders that I forgot to mention:

1. Delivery guys call me to ask to pick up the box from their place or dropb my box to neighbors when they do not find me home because of how heavy it is as they dont want to make another try.

2. The big box that Huel uses for shipping large orders is really low quality in terms of structure.

3. 100% probability that a bag of Huel will burst during shipping and make a mess inside the box

4. Oh the backpain (16bags + 5 bar boxes is quite a lot for a single flimsy box)

1 Like

The compacted blocks sound interestingā€¦ Iā€™m not sure if it would hold, structurally but having it in cylindrical blocks with notches cut in every 50cal would be convenient for sure.

Again, it would probably require additives to hold it together which would compromise the nutritional profile, let alone mix-ability.