What's the longest I can keep Huel in the fridge for?

I made myself some Huel yesterday evening in preparation for breakfast today but forgot to grab it on the way out.

I was wondering if it would still be safe for me to consume tomorrow morning?

Cheers!

Hey Mrwinkles,

Huel holds well for around 24 hours in the fridge I’ve found. I often make mine the night before (blender is too loud in the morning!) and it keeps til the end of my afternoon shift the following day. It does thicken somewhat over time but thats actually a good thing for me personally.

It will still be safe but may seperate if longer than 24 hours.

Hope this helps!

Just to chime in on this one with the results of an accidental experiment…

I went away for eight days a few weeks ago, leaving a shaker of (vanilla, 2.1, regular not gluten-free) Huel in the fridge by mistake. On my return, because I hate wasting food, I thought I’d give it a go. It had separated - pretty dramatically of course - but a couple of good shakes and it looked like it was freshly made. It tasted fine too - maybe a little less sweet after its 192 hours with no attention - and I am still here to tell the tale!

Ian.

I’ve had it Huel in the fridge for a couple of days with no problem.

The same is not true for huel left out of the fridge :frowning:

1 Like

No more than about 18 hours. After that it’s consistency and taste goes a bit funny. Its noticibly worse after 12. In my opinion you should finish it within an hour of making it for best taste.

In my opinion 12 hours in fridge for best taste texture.

As I type this I’m drinking some that I made 19 hours ago and it tastes great! Kept it in the fridge overnight and then in the car (4 degrees Celsius) until now. However, I would imagine some people are more likely to taste a difference than others.

You are a brave person! Great that your Huel was still palatable. Reading the rest of the posts in this thread it is so interesting seeing how variable the ‘best’ before can be.

I realise this is an old post, but, just thought I should add my two-penneth. I was googling this, so maybe others will.

I have just consumed a 1/2 UU, 1/2 vanilla mix that has been in the fridge for 7 days. It tasted fine. I have done this before, although, both times accidentally.

I wouldn’t recommend this intentionally, but, certainly for me, as I hate waste, it was fine.

Wow, thanks for posting that. Super interesting, I’ve certainly done two days but never one week. We hate food waste here so if it doesn’t go rancid then that is a real win!