When you have Huel at work, what are the most common questions people asked you?

Lots of my colleagues have seen me having Huel at work (pre-lockdown).

Most haven’t said anything at all. Amongst those who have, mostly it’s general curiosity and interest about what it is. Some people ask me if I’m having my protein shake again, and I point out that it’s not a protein shake. Some ask what it tastes like. Some have said they’d never have stuff like this and need “proper food”. A few have old me they have Huel too, and then we discuss flavours and stuff. One person bought Huel and tried it, but told me that they still feel hungry. I told them that they probably just need to have more of it. One person was quite skeptical about it and could not comprehend the concept of this being actual food and kept asking me if I eat “real food”.

My workplace has cafeterias with a large variety of free food, but sometimes I don’t like it, so I have Huel instead (which, unlike food in the office, I of course pay for), or a combination of food from the cafeteria and Huel.

“Why are you drinking that?”

“It’s part of my astronaut preparation and terrestrial training routine. It’s science.”

3 Likes

I always have some savory snack with my huel, as my body for some reason isn’t convinced I’ve had a meal if I don’t taste some salt at least once. Usually that snack is a small baked item or a mug of japanese soup. A few times my coworkers have asked if the soup is my only meal for the day. They just completely ignore the bottle next to it and can’t fathom that the majority of my calorie intake comes from the bottle, not the soup…

1 Like

I have the same thing. I have to add always salt to huel, eat some nuts before or just have some salt in my tongue to “turn on” the machine

“is that why the toilets are always in a state and there’s a strange aroma around your desk?”

1 Like

What do you mean by this?

In order to make my body or brain know that the eating process will start, to make it more “normal”. Also with som nuts, I start to salivate and I think that has something to do with some hormones