Where to start

Hi

I’m 32 21st 9lb and 5’9 looking to start using huel and loose weight. Im a bus driver and typicaly work between 6am-8pm on 10/11 hour shifts. I typically skip breakfast as i feel queezy if i eat too soon after getting up and typicaly get 2 breaks where i typically get a meal deal in tesco. my breaks can be any any time so sometimes there is only 1 hour between and upto a 5 hour gap, as you can imagine this doesnt help with trying to space out eating, i was thinking of trying huel and maybe keeping it in my cab to consume at a more regulated schedule, not only to help keep hunger at bay but instead of going in the drivers room to sit and eat then lounge around but to avoid it and have a walk.

looking at huel i see theres standard and black im not sure which one would be the better option to start with?

Hello Aaron

theres a pretty comprehensive guide section on weight loss articles here plus some good threads on the forum for you to read through.

your plan about taking regular smaller meals and walking in your breaks sounds like a great start.

4 Likes

I find that walking instead of using the bus really helps to burn a few calories

Of course that’s not ideal if you drive the damn thing.

5 Likes

Hey Aaron! Great to hear that you’re getting started on the Huel and weight loss journey :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve linked an article here relating directly to your question of where to start. Find Your Perfect Huel

Below is a screenshot of the beginning of it too. Both contain 400kcal and are both made for when you don’t have enough time or space for a regulated meal.

I’d suggest starting off with Huel (white bag) powder for you, as by the sounds of it you are just wanting maintain a regulated eating pattern during the day and avoid the uncertainty of break times etc. on the job?

On the other hand, if you know that you want to consume fewer carbohydrates and/or to mix up your nutrition alongside Huel, then Black Edition in this case may be ideal

Depends on what you want overall though hope this addition to the thread helps narrow down your decision. In any case, you can’t go wrong with either! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Suppose I could always pull the floor up and drive al la flintsones :rofl:

7 Likes

Thanks for the advice I’ll have a good read.