Who likes Dominos pizzas?

I had a large Dominos pizza the other week to myself as it was on offer at £5.99 - I searched the nutritional value and though it would be interesting to post on here compared with Huel values - obviously the pizza woouldn’t be your only meal in the day
http://corporate.dominos.co.uk/Media/Default/CSR/Nutritional%20info%20-TAFL/Nutritional%20Info%20-%20May%202014-1.pdf

Calories in Domino’s Pizza (Uk) Pepperoni Passion, Classic Crust - 10 slices

Nutrition Facts
Domino’s Pizza (Uk) - Pepperoni Passion, Classic Crust

Calories 2,266 (Huel 2000 cals)
Salt 12.53g salt (4.93g sodium) (3.3g)
Total Fat 110 g (65.4g)
Protein 102 g (148g)
Sugars 31 g (4.6g?)
Saturated 54 g (12.1g)
Total Carbs 210 g (185.5g)
Dietary Fiber 13 g (35g)
Polyunsaturated 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g
Potassium 0 mg
Trans 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg

Per slice:
Pepperoni Passion - Classic Crust - Large ( Std Mozzarella : UK ) per slice
Cal- 226.6
Protein - 10.2g
Carb - 21.0g
Sugars - 3.1g
Fat - 11.0g
Sat fat - 5.4g
Fibre - 1.3g
Sodium - 0.493g
Salt - 1.253g

2 Likes

Be careful with the difference between sodium and salt (x2.5 to convert). 6.4g in Huel is Salt. If the pizza has 4.9g sodium that is 12g salt.
Going from Dominos figures:
http://corporate.dominos.co.uk/Media/Default/CSR/Nutritional%20info%20-TAFL/Nutritional%20Info%20-%20May%202014-1.pdf

It looks like it is 12.5g of salt. So there is a food out there that is saltier than Huel v2.0!

3 Likes

I prefer Pizza Express. Might go for one this weekend actually :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t use them because they don’t have vegan pizza bases.

I prefer Pizza Express too…although I did go to Zizzi and they make a good vegan pizza. Pizzas aren’t the most healthy of food though and I guess if a test group of people did 100% Huel and another did 100% Dominoes…after a few months one would probably be faring worse…the film Supersize me by Morgan Spurlock was very interesting…having said that I am partial to the occasional vegan junk food…!

It’s not often I get Dominos but OK as a treat, it’s a challenge to eat a whole large one in 1 sitting though.

Think I’m the only one, but I’ve gone off Dominos massively in the last two years.

Couple of years ago some genuine Italian family set up a gig in my town, been going there ever since for ‘real’ pizza. After having that, Domino’s feels like greasy carpet. I also get concerned at how every variation of “meat” they offer tastes and feels the same. Definitely dodgy.

Then again, when I was into Domino’s I could easily smash through a large. Embarrassing really.

2 Likes

I do have 2 local Italian restaurants/takeaways but one doesn’t do pepperoni and the other is quite stingy with the pepperoni unless you ask for extra. Good job the nearest Dominos is 20 minutes away :slight_smile:

I love Dominos :pizza:. Thanks mally for sharing the nutritional facts.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Just remember to start off by replacing one meal a day with dominos, then gradually working up to two before going 100%.

9 Likes

I literally just loled!

1 Like

Another one of my favourites :slight_smile: -
Nutrition Facts
Hollands Steak pie - http://www.fatsecret.co.uk/calories-nutrition/hollands/steak-kidney-pudding/1-pudding

Calories 362 (Huel 400 cal shake - 100g)
Salt 1.42g salt (0.7g)
Total Fat 15.7g (13.1g)
Saturated 6.4g (2.4g)
Protein 14.5g (29.6g)
Sugars 3.5 g (0.9g)
Total Carbs 40 g (37.1g)
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g (7g)

Chip shop chips approx values (400g - 13.5oz)
Calories - 956
Fat - 49.6g
Sat - 4.2
Protein - 12.8g
Carbs - 122g
Fibre - 8.8g
Sugars - 1.9g
Salt - 0.3g

Hi all,
This is what I’ve been searching for. I have planned to take huel next month onwards. I too found a nutrition chart comparing the nutrition values of various pizzas http://www.freshslice.com/nutrition-chart/. I am very sure that I cannot stop eating pizza, although I am truly determined to lose my weight. So is it advisable to eat pizza while I use huel the next month. Not everyday, but once in a week.

It’s not about what you eat, it’s about how much of it you eat.

You could eat 1500 calories of pizza per day and still lose weight.

It is about what you eat as you may lose weight but the amount of fats etc isn’t giving a balanced diet.

You’ve missed my point. What I’m saying is, if you consume 1500 calories of pizza a day, you’ll lose weight. Full stop. As you say, this would have a horrendous effect on one’s body due to lack of micronutrients and also saturate content.