Why does Huel just taste so much better than all the others?

So this is something I’ve been curious a while. I tried Huel v1.1, I believe, as well as the current version, as well as Mana, Saturo and now Soylent. I like to shop around to see what suits me best.

As it turns out, that is very clearly the current version of Huel. Old Huel wasn’t too bad, but the others just taste awful, in my opinion. They all have this terrible chemical aftertaste, and the only time the actual taste can overcome it is with the coffee flavours - which would be great, but I don’t like coffee! Without exception I’ve had to force myself through the comically large batches that were the minimum orders.

Why is this the case? What is the difference between Huel and most every other product that allows it to get away with a decent (imo, pretty good) tasting drink? Is it just the additives, or something to do with the whole formulation?

1 Like

Short answer: Huel IS better than all the rest :grinning:

1 Like

I haven’t tried many alternatives, and it’s unlikely that I will now. I bought some Vega Essentials Nutritional Powder (chocolate flavour) when I was in London without Huel and it tastes quite nice but is very sweet and I react to it as though it had milk in it although according to the ingredients list it hasn’t. I also bought one called Raw Organic All-in-One Shake which tastes OK but with extremely dusty overtones. It is also 5% sugar.

Huel tastes like food. Good food.