Why is a banana bag only 1.72kg?

Given the powder is all standardised to 400kcal/100g, who stole the extra 30g from banana, and why?

3 Likes

Looks like all the bags have different weights, but the same calories/g. So we should all buy coffee if we want the most Huel for our money.

Vanilla 1.75kg
UU 1.72
Original 1.75
Coffee 1.76
Berry 1.72
Mint Choc 1.73
Choc 1.75
Banana 1.72

2 Likes

Considering UU contains no flavourings and no sweeteners, it really should contain more Huel to make up for it! Therefore should weigh the most. Or cost less. :grin:

3 Likes

That could explain the discrepancy. The extra weight is flavourings. Meaning coffee requires the largest quantity of flavouring (and despite that it still tastes weak).

2 Likes

Yeah it’s packaged to provide 7000 calories per bag

3 Likes

Interesting that UU and Berry weigh the same. I guess evil spirits have no mass?

4 Likes

Yeap, the bags are based on calories per bag not weight, as that’s fairer.

Similarly calories are not just based on weight as ingredients can contain a different number of calories despite weighing the same, or no calories at all.

5 Likes

UU is cheaper to produce through as the natural flavourings are quite expensive to develop and produce (heard this said many times by our friend Tim).
As a massive UU fan I think it should be cheaper :laughing:
Or the same price but contain more Huel per bag so as to make up the cost difference.
(I know in reality that’s not how pricing is done, but yknow, wishful thinking :grin:)

3 Likes

Not to be pedantic but if banana and vanilla are both 400 calories/100g, shouldn’t the bags be the same weight? As banana has 6920 calories?

I’m pretty sure they’ve rounded it for simplicity of weighing and making your shake. Fractions of calories are insignificant when making one meal, but for the entire bag may make up the small difference you’ve calculated

2 Likes

This is to do with rounding, we actually overfill a bit anyway - you’re getting more than 7000kcal

7 Likes

:open_mouth: you’ve ruined my calorie counting!!!

(Just kidding)

I do actually get a bit grumpy when they overfill. Only with the granola though. I have 105g portions and the fourth bowl from the 420g box is always more than 105g. My delicate calculations, ruined! :smiley:

1 Like

Only huelers could complain about being given too much

2 Likes

They’re killing me with kindness!

1 Like

When I was a wee lad and had a Saturday job in a co-op cafe a customer complained to my boss I gave them too much food and I got a telling off. Sigh.

Yeah, we get that at the restaurant I work at,

Karen:THIS FOOD IS TOO MUCH HAW DO YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO EAT IT ALL!?
Me: points to everyone else finishing their feed.

Gee when was that 1940???

Luckily he grew up and now wets himself less often. Weirdly the customers were more concerned with too much food than the pee stained urchin doling out their beans on toast.