Feedback on the flavour pouches please!

Just looked now all in stock and new flavours lush :grinning:

Would it be ok to use the my protein flavourings at first?

Here is my verdict on the flavour pouches I have tried:

• Pineapple & Coconut: very nice.
  • Banana: very nice.
  • Strawberry: very nice.
  • Rhubarb & Custard: okay.

I add them to vanilla Huel.

Loving the new banana and especially the chocolate. These are way better than the initial batch you released in my opinion. Strawberry could still do with a bit of work!

1 Like

I originally wasn’t too sure about the strawberry flavour when I first tried it with the unflavoured Huel, but I think it tastes a lot better with vanilla Huel.

1 Like

@cdharris can you describe a lot more about how you would like the strawberry improved please?

Sorry Julian, sounded a bit more negative than I intended! - I still really like the strawberry flavour. I find it quite subtle compared chocolate and banana flavours. Perhaps I just need to add a bit more than the other flavours, I put in about a teaspoon with 160g. (I’ll give it a try with a teaspoon and a half tomorrow and let you know!)

1 Like

Ok thanks, we can get the recipes adjusted, so any specific feedback you can give is very useful.

I’ve just started using the banana flavouring with mine - I make batches of 250g Huel with 1.5litres whole milk and a level tablespoon of flavouring. And it is far and away the best way to drink Huel! I can smell the toffee version more than I can taste it, and I can’t smell or taste the strawberry very well, perhaps because I’m using it in the vanilla version, so the taste gets masked somewhat?

On a side note, although the bags are ok to be going on with for the Huel itself, they definitely need some work for the flavour pouches. First off it’s difficult to get the powder out cleanly, and second because the powder is much less dense than Huel the seal problems are exacerbated.

1 Like

Totally agree the banana is the best flavour we currently do.

I also agree the pouches need some work, we are on the case.

I agree with this completely. Banana and chocolate are gorgeous - really enjoy both of them. Toffee is pretty good, strawberry I just can’t really taste very well. And the pouches do not seal and cannot be cleared out to make them seal. Very happy to hear this is on your radar :slight_smile:

I have to be honest, I’m too scared to try a flavour. Seems like an expensive experiment, If only there was a better way to try a bunch of flavours to see which one or more you prefer. I’m fairly happy with vanilla and might consider buying a flavour which compliments it rather than order a bag of unflavoured.

2 Likes

I second the idea of having a trial version of the flavourings, just as there is a trial pack of huel.

1 Like

It’s definitely something we’re looking into, just getting the pouches correct and the process of then getting the flavours into them is seemingly incredibly difficult. As I say though, we are looking to do this!

2 Likes

I second the notion of a trial pack containing each flavour (i presume that’s what you are thinking, not just smaller versions of a single flavour)?

I use the chocolate pineapple and banana and I like all three. I would like to try the toffee and strawberry but don’t want to pay for an entire pouch.

Your website needs updating regarding the flavours. The main site says you only do 4 flavours not 7. The actual flavour product page says 7 but Strawberry is not inline with the other 6 (Chrome 1080p screen).

I’m not a fan of the strawberry and the toffee flavours unfortunately but I love the chocolate one! As I do a lot of ordering on myprotein I do use their flavour packs also (rhubarb and custard, mocha and chocolate) (you guys were sold out at the time of the mocha and the R&C and also it works out cheaper from MP, sorry guys :(…)

I’d really love to see a flavour that tastes like the cinnamon Danish flavour whey from MP, I love love love sweet cinnamon things and can’t get it right when I do it myself :slight_smile: mmmm

Thanks for the info regarding the page. We try to keep our updates consistent on the website but sometimes pages slip through. Will change now as I will change the Strawberry bullet. I expect it just needs another hard return.

:strawberry::gun:

Fixed.

1 Like

I have tried the banana flavour and like it.

I want more flavours that don’t have citric acid (I hate the mouth feel of acidic things and it’s probably bad for teeth) or caffeine.

Pineapple&Coconut with unsweetened Huel is OK. I still prefer it with Mocha though.
I would recommend to make these powders less fine, or shipped in something other than small pouches as they are a pain to handle and cover everything if you open them with any sort of swiftness. I learnt to handle the flavour pouches very carefully in the tap, but obviously this is far from optimal.