Starting my Huel journey!

Hi all, got my starter kit yesterday. I’m on a three meal a day mission, 3 scoops vanilla Huel x 3 and then just having a light snack in the evening. I’m a 61 year old postman, so do lots of walking as you can imagine, a very busy time of year for us. I started my regime yesterday, made up my breakfast Huel the night before, left it in the fridge overnight.
I was pleasantly surprised at how good the vanilla flavour tasted. Kept me full until I finished work at 2 pm, and no hunger pangs ! Had my lunch Huel at 2.15pm when I arrived home, this meal I put a spoon of coffee granules in, couldn’t really taste the coffee, need a stronger kick methinks !
This morning used 2 teaspoons of coffee and wow, what a flavour, am absolutely loving it. I’m primarily using Huel for some weight loss, I’m currently 17stone and I’m aiming to lose approximately 4 stone which I put on while I was off work for over 12 weeks with a shoulder injury.
Using cold bottle water from the fridge dispenser, i’m going to get some cinnamon powder and try it with banana mixed in the blender, sounds lovely !

7 Likes

The general consensus is maybe just once or twice a day to start…rather than leaping in with 3 or 4…to give your body time to adjust…but hey sounds like a good start so far.

1 Like

Thanks hunzas, I hear everything you’re saying, but i’m going to give it a go like this until next monday, if I do hit snags, I will cut it down a bit ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let us know how you get on…good or bad.

1 Like

Yes keep us informed of your progress! :grinning:

All the best
K x

1 Like

Thank you, I will keep you posted :slight_smile: xx

Definitely :+1:

1 Like

Great stuff Mike, can’t wait to see how it goes for you!

1 Like

Started my second week on Huel today, it’s been a good experience. From the first monday last week until and including friday I was on three Huel meals a day, with a small meal of about 500 cals in the evening. Totalling approximately 2000 cals a day. At the weekend I took a break, and ate normal food, I won’t lie, I did indulge a slight bit !
The good thing was I have stopped all beer, however, I was naughty and had 3 bottles of red wine :wine_glass: over the weekend ! I am back on the Huel today until next weekend, and I am pleased to announce I have lost a total of 3lbs !
Thank you Huel !! A happy customer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Mike, the main limitation of Huel is precisely that. It’s not very pleasant to eat it every meal for the rest of your life. That’s why you also need to find some normal food that you like and that you have the time to cook and that is healthy. The solution recommended by competent doctors is: grains, legumes, fruits and veggies (and a few nuts/almonds/flaxseeds). In fact these are approximately the same ingredients used by Huel. If you eliminate completely animal-origin products (and you may want to do that once you discover that they’re linked to health problems including obesity), you will almost surely have to supplement with vitamin B12.

P.S: If you walk every day for a decent distance (like you seem to do!), do a few exercises with weights and some stretching, and you eat perfect diet, you can expect to live approximately 110 years. Well, this is true unless you have pre-existing problems. I hope you don’t have too many of these. :wink:

2nd P.S: The real “secret” of permanent and long term weight loss is not counting calories, but satiation. For satiation, you need to focus on caloric density (how many calories per gram of food) and carbohydrate content (the more the better for satiation in general). Healthy food is usually very satiating.