£1 travel container found

I’ve been on the lookout for a small container which will easily take 125g and that’s easy to scoop Huel into without making a mess or have to pat down to fit.

I found this container yesterday in Asda. They are made from non-BPA plastic, easily fit 125g in and one even fits inside a Huel shaker! As the width of it is less than the width of the Huel shaker, it’s easy to pour straight in too.

Bargain for £1 I thought!

10 Likes

Thanks for the update, that is great! ASDA better batten down the hatches - Huelers are coming…

4 Likes

Oh wow this is amazing and exactly what I was looking for! :heart_eyes:

On another note I was thinking of creating a Huel portable container with pre-measured scoops (eliminates the need of carrying a scoop) which would be great for carrying a few Huel meals/portions to be distributed throughout the day (rather than making one premixed).

I envision it like a tall, closeable (screw/cap, sth like the stainless steel water battles)) lab tube. Preferably one that also fits into the Huel mixing bottle.

Please revel in the wondrous prototype sketch below :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm, I suspect that will be not too useful…the powder will settle etc throughout the day, and also it will be difficult to accurately remove a scoop size without a scoop.

Such a killjoy, hunazas :stuck_out_tongue:
Not like I’m planning to ever build this, but would shaking before using not resolve the sedentation problem?

3 Likes

What would be cool is if it had some mechanism at the top, like on spirits in pubs, whereby you turn the bottle upside-down, turn something, and it only lets out a scoop load.

1 Like

There’s a simple option; one could try the system employed by old sugar dispensers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Austrian-Cut-Crystal-Sugar-Dispenser-Edelweiss-pattern-/172781787771

However sugar flows more easily than Huel so that could be a problem…

This looks more complex, but might actually work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zevro-One-Click-Sugar-Salt-Pepper-Container-Dispenser-Portion-Control-Holder-New-/112485448424 possibly after scaling it up somewhat.