Huello Huel fam!
Not sure who here still remembers me, I used to document my 1-year Huel weight loss & recovery journey with many of you here. Hit me up if you do, will be really nice to see a few friendly faces!
(quick shoutout to my fellow chocolate lovers @RyanT, @ChristinaT
and @GTIPuG, @hunzas, @Bee, @Tristan, @airiartev, @DunsfordMage, @/ChrisH0402, @David…it always warms my heart to see your names and icons on posts, makes me feel like coming home :’)
these brownies go out to you guys especially!!)
Anyway, onto the good stuff. Hopefully I’m less rambly now than back then Especially now that my beloved Huel Granola is gone but my sweet tooth remains…
Ever wanted to eat Huel in solid form
But also want to eat an entire pan of fudge brownies?
Yep, the struggle is real. Since necessity is the mother of invention, here you go!
- 4-5 ingredients
- 5 minutes to mix
- Can be gluten free
- Low in calories (~1.5kcal per gram)
- High in protein
Honestly, these shouldn’t exist and this most definitely should not work, but somehow they do. I still don’t believe it either, even though I’ve experimented with 33 batches now…
181 calories & 17.7g protein for this entire single-serving loaf pan.
Better than a protein bar, and fully customisable.
—HERE’S THE RECIPE—
[Ingredients for a mini 17x9cm loaf pan]
- 21g cocoa
- 12g chocolate protein powder
- 1g baking powder, pinch of salt
- 45g erythritol (or to taste)
- 15-20g Vanilla or Unflavoured Huel
- 120g diet coke/any favourite soda/even sparkling water (but increase sweetener to taste)
[Ingredients for an 8x8’’ pan]
- 63g cocoa
- 36g chocolate protein powder
- 4g baking powder, pinch of salt
- 135-150g erythritol (or to taste)
- 45-60g Huel
- 360g diet coke/any favourite soda/even sparkling water (but increase sweetener to taste)
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Pour half of the diet coke, stir until well combine. Add rest of the coke incrementally and mix well.
- Bake at 180C for ~30 minutes, until a skewer is slightly wet but it’s not liquid. It’ll continue to cook as it cools, and you don’t wanna overbake it if you like fudgy brownies.
- Preferably cool in the fridge if you can wait that long.
Too good not to share with my Huel fam, hope y’all enjoy it as much as I do!
Yes, we can now have Brownies for Breakfast (…and lunch…and dinner…).
Note: These ARE thinner than usual brownies, feel free to scale it up or use a smaller pan! Cheeky 90kcal Fiber One brownie for size
P.S. (I’ve been documenting my baking experiments on instagram at @lowcalrecipes98 if anyone’s keen; it’s been a huuge help to aid and maintain my 15+kg weight loss alongside Huel as a short person!
I’m planning on working my way through the Huel recipes too, does anyone have one they stand by & recommend, or want me to try out?)